- 1B3.3 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Tib, TCRB, TCRbeta
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The TCR Vβ8 family consists of three members, namely Vβ8.1, 8.2 and 8.3. 1B3.3 reacts with Vβ8.3 only, but not Vβ8.1 or Vβ8.2. Most mouse strains have about 20% Vβ8+ T cells in the periphery. However, C57BR, C57L, SJL, SWR (Tcra haplotype) and RIII strains (Tcrc haplotype) do not express Vβ8 due to a gene deletion at the Vβ8 loci. Exogenous superantigen, such as staphylococcal enterotoxin B, stimulates lymphocytes bearing Vβ8 and selectively eliminate those T cells in vivo.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- 3.L2 T Cell Clone Expressing the vβ8.3 TCR
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone 1B3.3 recognizes TCR vß8.3 from both C57BL/6 and BALB/c strains.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kersh G, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:585.
AB_2800699 (BioLegend Cat. No. 156303)
AB_2800700 (BioLegend Cat. No. 156304)
- Ig super family; TCR is an 85-kd hetero-dimer composed of alpha and beta chain.
Expressed in a subset of αβ T cells
- Recognition of Peptide/MHC, T cell activation
- Peptide/MHC complex
- Cell Targets
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Haskins K, et al. 1984. J. Exp. Med. 160:452
- Davis MM, et al. 1998. Annu Rev Immunol. 16:523
- Kersh GJ, et al. 1998. J Immunol. 161:585.
- Tomonari K. 1996. Immunogenetics. 44:73
- Gene ID
- 21577 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TCR vbeta8.3 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.