- 9M1-3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lgals9, Gal-9, Ecalectin, Tumor antigen HOM-HD-21, Ecalectin
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Galectin-9 is a mammalian lectin with a molecular weight around 50 kD. It is a member of the β-galactoside-binding family. With two conserved carbohydrate recognition domains (CRDs), galectin-9 binds small β-galactosides as well as complex glycoconjugates. HAVCR2/TIM3 has been reported as one of its ligands. Galectin-9 may be retained intracellularly or transported to the cell surface where it can be cleaved to generate a soluble form. Galectin-9 is expressed by lymphocytes, dendritic cells, granulocytes, eosinophils, astrocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and thymus epithelial cells. It can be induced by cytokines in various cell types and is involved in cell aggregation, adhesion, chemotaxis, and apoptosis; galectin-9 induces regulatory T cells and suppresses Th1 and Th17 responses.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant peptide from C-terminus of Galectin-9
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ICFC - Quality tested
FC, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: cell surface staining for flow cytometry1 and blocking of TIM-3 binding to galectin-91.
- Application References
- Klibi J, et al. 2009. Blood 113:1957. (FC, Block)
- Sada-Ovalle I, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 189:5896. PubMed
AB_2819990 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348925)
AB_2819991 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348926)
- Member of the β-galactoside-binding lectin family. Molecular weight around 50 kD. Binds small β-galactosides as well as complex glycoconjugates with two conserved carbohydrate recognition domains (CRDs).
Lymphocytes, dendritic cells, neutrophils, eosinophils, astrocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, thymus stromal/epithelial cells.
- Cell aggregation, adhesion, chemotaxis, apoptosis, suppression of Th1 and Th17 responses, and induction of regulatory T cells.
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Eosinophils, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Lymphocytes, Neutrophils, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Seki M, et al. 2008. Clin. Immunol. 127:78.
2. Tsuboi Y, et al. 2007. Clin. Immunol. 124:221.
3. Zhu C, et al. 2005. Nat. Immunol. 6:1245.
4. Dunphy JL, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:14916.
- Gene ID
- 3965 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Galectin-9 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Other FormatsView All Galectin-9 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,IHC-P,FC,Block|
|PE anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|APC anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|FITC anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC,IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC,IHC-P|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC,Block|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human Galectin-9
PE anti-human Galectin-9
APC anti-human Galectin-9
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human Galectin-9
FITC anti-human Galectin-9
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human Galectin-9
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human Galectin-9
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human Galectin-9
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human Galectin-9
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human Galectin-9
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human Galectin-9