- 9M1-3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lgals9, Gal-9, Ecalectin, Tumor antigen HOM-HD-21, Ecalectin
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Galectin-9 is a mammalian lectin with a molecular weight around 50 kD. It is a member of the β-galactoside-binding family. With two conserved carbohydrate recognition domains (CRDs), galectin-9 binds small β-galactosides as well as complex glycoconjugates. HAVCR2/TIM3 has been reported as one of its ligands. Galectin-9 may be retained intracellularly or transported to the cell surface where it can be cleaved to generate a soluble form. Galectin-9 is expressed by lymphocytes, dendritic cells, granulocytes, eosinophils, astrocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and thymus epithelial cells. It can be induced by cytokines in various cell types and is involved in cell aggregation, adhesion, chemotaxis, and apoptosis; galectin-9 induces regulatory T cells and suppresses Th1 and Th17 responses.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant peptide from C-terminus of Galectin-9
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
FC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: cell surface staining for flow cytometry1 and blocking of TIM-3 binding to galectin-91.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Application References
- Klibi J, et al. 2009. Blood 113:1957. (FC, Block)
- Sada-Ovalle I, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 189:5896. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562687 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348909)
AB_2562688 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348910)
- Member of the β-galactoside-binding lectin family. Molecular weight around 50 kD. Binds small β-galactosides as well as complex glycoconjugates with two conserved carbohydrate recognition domains (CRDs).
Lymphocytes, dendritic cells, neutrophils, eosinophils, astrocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, thymus stromal/epithelial cells.
- Cell aggregation, adhesion, chemotaxis, apoptosis, suppression of Th1 and Th17 responses, and induction of regulatory T cells.
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Eosinophils, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Lymphocytes, Neutrophils, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Seki M, et al. 2008. Clin. Immunol. 127:78.
2. Tsuboi Y, et al. 2007. Clin. Immunol. 124:221.
3. Zhu C, et al. 2005. Nat. Immunol. 6:1245.
4. Dunphy JL, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:14916.
- Gene ID
- 3965 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Galectin-9 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Other FormatsView All Galectin-9 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,IHC-P,FC,Block|
|PE anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|APC anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|FITC anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC,IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC,IHC-P|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human Galectin-9||9M1-3||ICFC,FC,Block|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human Galectin-9
PE anti-human Galectin-9
APC anti-human Galectin-9
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human Galectin-9
FITC anti-human Galectin-9
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human Galectin-9
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human Galectin-9
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human Galectin-9
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human Galectin-9
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human Galectin-9
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human Galectin-9