- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD14 Depletion, CD14 Enrichment, CD14 Positive Selection
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD14+ cells are either selected or depleted by incubating your sample with the biotin conjugated anti-human CD14 antibody followed by Streptavidin Nanobeads. The magnetically labeled fraction is retained by the use of a magnetic separator. After collection of the CD14+ expressing cells, downstream applications include functional assays, gene expression, phenotypic characterization, etc. CD14 is expressed at high levels on human monocytes and macrophages and at lower levels on granulocytes. Some dendritic cell populations such as interfollicular dendritic cell, reticular dendritic cells, and Langerhans cells have also been reported to express CD14. As a high-affinity receptor for LPS, CD14 is involved in pathogen clearance and upregulation of adhesion molecules and cytokine expression. Clone 63D3 has been reported not to block LPS induced signal.Product Details
- Kit Contents
For Cat# 480025:
- 1 vial containing 200 µl of biotin anti-human CD14 antibody (clone 63D3)
- 1 vial containing 200 µl Streptavidin Nanobeads
For Cat# 480026
- 2 vials containing 1 ml each of biotin anti-human CD14 antibody (clone 63D3)
- 2 vials containing 1 ml each of Streptavidin Nanobeads
Antibody: Phosphate-buffered solution containing 0.09% sodium azide, pH 7.2 with stabilizer.
Streptavidin Nanobeads: Aqueous solution containing BSA and 0.05% sodium azide.
The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated wtih biotin under optimal conditions.
- Storage & Handling
- Antibody and Streptavidin Nanobeads should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
Cell Separation (MojoSort™) - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
10 µl of antibody for 1x107 cells in 100 µl of buffer.
10 µl Streptavidin Nanobeads for 1x107 cells in 100 µl of buffer.
- Application Notes
This kit is designed for the positive selection or depletion of CD14+ cells from peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs).
Each lot has been individually optimized. Do not mix and match components from different lots or different kits.
Antibody or cocktail dilution to use in column: 16X
Nanobead dilution to use in columns: 3X
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Gene ID
- View information about CD14 on UniProt.org
- Is there a way to detach your magnetic particles from the cell surface?
No, not currently. We have found that cells are functional without the need to detach the magnetic Nanobeads.
- What is the size of your magnetic particles?
The average diameter is approximately 130 nm.
- Can your magnetic particles be sterile filtered?
Yes, they can be sterile filtered as the particles are smaller than 0.22 µm.
- Are MojoSort™ Nanobeads compatible with other commercially available magnetic separation systems?
MojoSort™ magnetic particles can be used with other commercially available magnetic separators, both free standing magnets and column-based systems. Because MojoSort™ protocols are optimized for the MojoSort™ separator, the protocols may need to be adjusted for other systems. Please contact BioLegend Technical Service for more information and guidance. We do not recommend using MojoSort™ particles for BD’s IMag™ or Life Technologies’ DynaMag™.