- 3C10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T cell antigen receptor Vα7.2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The 3C10 antibody recognizes the Vα7.2 T cell antigen receptor (TCR) α-chain segment which, joined with the Jα33 segment, constitutes an invariant TCR that is a characteristic of the mucosal-associated invariant T cells (MAIT cells). MAIT cells are restricted by a nonpolymorphic class Ib major histocompatibility complex (MHC) molecule, MHC-related molecule 1 (MR1). MAIT cells are present in human blood (1-8% of T cells), mesenteric lymph nodes, liver, and intestinal mucosa. MAIT cells play a role in detecting and fighting off microbial infections.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant TCR
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
"Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd."
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Associated with an anti-CD161 or -IL18Ra staining, the 3C10 antibody allows unequivocal identification of MAIT cells. Importantly, the Va7.2 segment can also be used by conventional T cells. Therefore, the 3C10 also stains a subset of conventional CD4 and CD8 T cells.
- Application References
- Martin E, et al. 2009. PLoS Biol. 7:525.
- Wakao H, et al. 2013. Cell Stem Cell 12:1. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562534 (BioLegend Cat. No. 351715)
AB_2563864 (BioLegend Cat. No. 351716)
- Invariant T cell antigen receptor (TCR) α-chain (iTCRa), composed of the invariant α-chain variable region 7.2 (iVα7.2) segment in humans
Mucosal-associated invariant T (MAIT) cells and conventional T cells
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Adaptive Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Le Bourhis L, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:701.
- Gene ID
- 6955 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TCR V alpha7.2 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.