- Eat-2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD81 is a 26 kD non-glycosylated member of the tetraspanin superfamily (TM4SF), also known as TAPA-1. CD81 is expressed on T and B cells, NK cells, dendritic cells, thymocytes, endothelial cells, and fibroblasts. CD81 induces B cell adhesion via the VLA-4 integrin and has been shown to play a role in early T cell development. CD81 associates with several other cell-surface proteins in a multimolecular complex, including CD19, CD21, CD20, CD37, CD53, and CD82 in B cells, and CD4, CD8 and CD82 in T cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- CD81+ mouse B lymphoma 38C13
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
The Eat-2 antibody reacts with mouse and rat CD81. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,2, Western blotting1,2, induction of homotypic adhesion of B lymphocytes1, stimulation of B cells undergo early apoptotic events1, and promotion of T cell motility2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2076267 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104905)
AB_2076266 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104906)
- TM4SF tetraspanin, 26 kD
T cells and B cells, NK cells, dendritic cells, thymocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- Regulates cell growth
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Levy S, et al. 1998. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 16:89.
3. Maeker HT, et al. 1997. FASEB J. 11:428.
4. Boismenu R, et al. 1996. Science 271:198.
- Gene ID
- 12520 View all products for this Gene ID 25621 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD81 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Other FormatsView All CD81 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Biotin anti-mouse/rat CD81||Eat-2||FC|
|PE anti-mouse/rat CD81||Eat-2||FC|
|Purified anti-mouse/rat CD81||Eat-2||FC,IP,WB|
|APC anti-mouse/rat CD81||Eat-2||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse/rat CD81||Eat-2||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse/rat CD81||Eat-2||FC|
|TotalSeq™-C1064 anti-mouse/rat CD81 Antibody||Eat-2||PG|
|TotalSeq™-A1064 anti-mouse/rat CD81||Eat-2||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.