- 281-2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD138, a member of the syndecan protein family, is a type I integral membrane heparin sulfate proteoglycan also known as Syndecan-1. Syndecan-1 participates in cell proliferation, cell migration, and cell matrix adhesion via interaction with collagen, fibronectin, and other soluble molecules (such as FGF-basic). It is expressed on normal and malignant plasma cells, pre-B cells, mesenchymal cells, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse mammary gland epithelial cell line NMuMG
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 605™ under optimal conditions.
- µg size: 0.2 mg/mLµL size: lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining using the µl size, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. For flow cytometric staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 605™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 603 nm. The bandpass filter 610/20 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 605™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue3 and formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissue4 and immunofluorescent staining2,3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Jalkanen M, et al. 1985. J. Cell. Biol. 101:976. (FC)
- Miettinen H, et al. 1994. J. Cell. Sci. 107:1571. (IF)
- Li Q, et al. 2002. Cell 111:635. (IF, IHC)
- McCarthy BA, et al. 2012. BMC Cancer. 12:203. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2562336 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142515)
AB_2715767 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142531)
AB_2562337 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142516)
- Transmembrane heparan sulfate proteoglycan; member of the syndecan proteoglycan family, 100-200 kD
- Cell adhesion, cell motility, cell migration, cell proliferation
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Zong F, et al. 2011. PLoS ONE 6:e14816.
2. Yamashita Y, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5940.
3. Sanderson RD, et al. 1989. Cell. Regul. 1:27.
- Gene ID
- 20969 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD138 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
APC anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Biotin anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
TotalSeq™-A0810 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
TotalSeq™-C0810 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
TotalSeq™-B0810 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Fire™ 640 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Fire™ 810 anti-mouse CD138 (Syndecan-1)