- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL25, IL-17E, IL17E, Interleukin 25, Interleukin 17E
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|447107||1 Pre-coated Plate||395,00 CHF|
IL-25, also known as IL-17E, is a pro-inflammatory cytokine encoded by the IL25 gene located on chromosome 14. The IL-17 family consists of IL-17A, IL-17B, IL-17C, IL-17F, IL-17A/F, and IL-17E. The IL-17 family has a similar protein structure with four conserved cysteine residues and two disulfide bonds. IL-25 expression is widely distributed and can be produced by a variety of cells and tissues. IL-25 induces T helper 2 (Th2) expansion and production of cytokines IL-4, IL-5, and IL-13. This is important in eosinophil expansion, regulating gut immunity, and in the response to helminth parasites.
IL-25 has been demonstrated to play a role in allergy and asthma. IL-25 levels are positively correlated with the severity of allergenic rhinitis in patients. Blocking IL-25 has been proposed as an allergy treatment in combination with other therapies. IL-25 has also been associated with the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis and is frequently upregulated in the serum and synovial fluid of patients and in mouse models of rheumatoid arthritis.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Mouse IL-25 (IL-17E) ELISA kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate. The plate is pre-coated with a monoclonal rat capture antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated rat monoclonal antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of mouse IL-25 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma and other biological fluids. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Mouse IL-25 (IL-17E) Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Mouse IL-25 (IL-17E) Dectection Antibody
- Mouse IL-25 (IL-17E) Standard
- Avidin-HRP A
- Assay Diluent D
- Assay Buffer B
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 2.681 + 0.459 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 1.6 - 0.025 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Polypropylene tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Type
- Basophils, Dendritic cells, Eosinophils, Epithelial cells, Macrophages, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immuno-Oncology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- View information about IL-25 on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.