- A15138F (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Megakaryocyte Colony Stimulating Factor (MKCSF), Myeloproliferative leukemia virus oncogene ligand (Mpl-ligand), Megakaryocyte growth and development factor (MGDF), THPO
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|696103||100 µg||245,00 CHF|
|696104||1 mg||650,00 CHF|
Mouse thrombopoietin (TPO) is a protein consisting of an N-terminus domain with homology to erythropoietin (EPO) and a C-terminus domain with multiple N-linked and O-linked glycosylation sites. TPO is a key regulator of megakaryocytopoiesis and thrombopoiesis. It signals through the c-mpl receptor and stimulates the proliferation and maturation of megakaryocytes, hence, TPO plays an important role in regulating the level of circulating platelets in vivo. It has also been shown that TPO is able to promote the survival, self-renewal, and expansion of hematopoietic stem cells and primitive multilineage progenitors. Besides its hematopoietic effects, TPO is expressed in the brain where it promotes the apoptosis of hypoxia sensitized neurons and inhibits neuronal differentiation by blocking NGF induced signaling.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse TPO
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralizing activity. The ND50 is 0.04 – 0.2 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2687033 (BioLegend Cat. No. 696103)
AB_2687034 (BioLegend Cat. No. 696104)
TPO is produced by liver and kidney.
- TPO regulates megakaryocytopoiesis and thrombopoiesis.
- TPO-R (MPL, CD110)
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Avanzi G, et al. 1988. Br. J. Haematol. 69:359.
2. Deutsch VR and Tomer A. 2006. Br. J. Haematol. 134:453.
3. Kaushansky K. 2005. J. Clin. Invest. 115:3339.
4. Li J, et al. 1999. Br. J. Haematol. 106:345.
5. Kato T, et al. 1997. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 94:4669.
6. Ehrenreich H, et al. 2005. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 102:862.
7. Sangkhae V, et al. 2014. Blood 124:3956.
- Gene ID
- 22018 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Thrombopoietin on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.