- DREG-56 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V S056
- Other Names
- L-selectin, LECAM-1, LAM-1, Leu-8, TQ-1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD62L is a 74-95 kD single chain type I glycoprotein referred to as L-selectin or LECAM-1. It is expressed on most peripheral blood B cells, subsets of T and NK cells, monocytes, granulocytes, and certain hematopoietic malignant cells. CD62L binds to carbohydrates present on certain glycoforms of CD34, glycam-1, and MAdCAM-1 and with a low affinity to anionic oligosaccharide sequences related to sialylated Lewis X (sLex, CD15s) through its C-type lectin domain. CD62L is important for the homing of naïve lymphocytes to high endothelial venules in peripheral lymph nodes and Peyer's patches. It also plays a role in leukocyte rolling on activated endothelial cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Chimpanzee, Cow
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Concentrated supernatant from PMA-activated human peripheral blood leukocytes
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
WB, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting2,3,9 and in vitro blocking of lymphocytes binding to high endothelial venules (HEV)2. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 304853-304858).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Kishimoto TK, et al. 1990. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:2244. (WB, Block)
- Jutila M, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:1768. (WB)
- Tamassia N, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:6563. (FC) PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2009. J. Transl. Med. 7:89. (FC) PubMed
- Thakral D, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7431. (FC) PubMed
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. (FC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Koenig JM, et al. 1996. Pediatr. Res. 39:616. (WB)
- Shi C, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:5293. (FC) PubMed
- Burges M, et al. 2013. Clin Cancer Res. 19:5675. PubMed
- Cash JL, et al. 2013. EMBO Rep. 14:999. (FC) PubMed
AB_2860803 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304856)
AB_2860805 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304858)
AB_2860804 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304857)
AB_2860800 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304853)
AB_2860801 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304854)
AB_2860802 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304855)
- Selectin, single chain glycoprotein, 74-95 kD
Majority of B cells, naïve T cells, subset of memory T and NK cells, monocytes, granulocytes, thymocytes
- Leukocyte homing, leukocyte tethering, rolling
- CD34, GlyCAM, MAdCAM-1
- Cell Type
- B cells, Granulocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Kishimoto T, et al. 1990. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:2244.
- Kishimoto T, et al. 1991. Blood 78:805.
- Gene ID
- 6402 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD62L on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD62L
FITC anti-human CD62L
PE anti-human CD62L
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD62L
Purified anti-human CD62L
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD62L
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD62L
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD62L
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD62L
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD62L
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD62L
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD62L
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD62L
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD62L
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD62L
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD62L
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD62L
Purified anti-human CD62L (Maxpar® Ready)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD62L
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD62L
TotalSeq™-A0147 anti-human CD62L
TotalSeq™-B0147 anti-human CD62L
TotalSeq™-C0147 anti-human CD62L
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD62L
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD62L
Spark NIR™ 685 anti-human CD62L
TotalSeq™-D0147 anti-human CD62L
APC/Fire™ 810 anti-human CD62L