- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factor, CSF-α, Pluripoietin-α, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Burst promoting activity (BPA)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|576309||4 pack||80,00 CHF|
GM-CSF is a hematopoietic factor that is produced by T cells, macrophages, fibroblasts and endothelial cells. This multifunctional cytokine stimulates progenitor cells of neutrophils, eosinophils and macrophages. GM-CSF is also a differentiation and activating factor for granulocytic and monocytic cells. Recombinant mouse GM-CSF is a 14.2 kD protein containing 124 amino acids.Product Details
- Mouse GM-CSF, amino acids Ala18-Lys141 (Accession #NM_009969) was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 125 amino acid N-terminal methionylated recombinant protein has a predicted molcular mass of 14.2 kDa. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 13 kDa and the non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 11kDa by SDS-PAGE.
- Purity is >98% as determined by SDS PAGE , Coomassie stained with Invitrogen SimplyBlue SafeStain.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for mass/vial, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 2000 pg/ml to 15 pg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This GM-CSF protein is useful as a standard for a mouse GM-CSF sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled MP1-22E9 antibody for capture and biotinylated MP1-31G6 antibody for detection.
T cells, monocytes/macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, mast cells
- Synergistic with IL-1, IL-3, G-CSF; E21R competitive antagonist for receptor binding; stored in ECM with heparan sulfate proteoglycans
- Granulocyte/macrophage/erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors, myeloblasts, monoblasts
- Heterodimer GM-CSFR α subunit (CDw116); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, IL-5R
- Growth/development granulocyte/macrophage progenitors; differentiates myeloblasts/monoblasts; synergizes with Epo proliferation of erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Demetri G, et al. 1991. Blood 78:2791.
3. Fan D, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:571.
4. Negrin R, et al. 1992. Adv. Pharmacol. 23:263.
- Gene ID
- 12981 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GM-CSF on UniProt.org