- HMN3-133 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 3, Notch-3, CADASIL
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|130502||500 µg||335 CHF|
The Notch receptors are highly conserved from invertebrates to mammals.While Notch1 and Notch 2 exhibit the highest structural similarity among the four mammalian Notch receptors. Notch 3 has a number of structural and functional differences.The binding of Notch 3 to its ligands results in the proteolysis of Notch and movement of intracellular portions of Notch into the nucleus.This translocation triggers a series of signaling process.Notch 3 is primarily expressed in adult arterial smooth muscle cells.Notch 3 gene mutation can cause CADASIL, an inherited early stroke syndrome.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Notch 3-Fc fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_1227735 (BioLegend Cat. No. 130502)
- Transmembrane receptor, heterodimer consisting of a C-terminal fragment and N-terminal fragment probably linked by disulphide bonds. Contains 5 ankyrin repeats, 29-36 EGF repeats, 3 Notch/Lin repeats.
Notch 3 is primarily expressed in vascular smooth muscle cells, also found in proliferating neuroepithelium.
- Critical role in the structural integrity of distal resistance artieries. Mutations in the Notch 3 receptor on vascular smooth muscles cells is associated with an inherited neurodegenerative disease CADASIL (cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopthy)
- Jag1,2; Delta 1,2
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Antigen References
1. Ehebauer ME, et al. 2006. Biochem J 392:13
2. Shimizu K, et al. 2000. Mol Cell Biology 20:18
3. Tanigaki K, et al. 2007. Nature Immunol 8:451
4. Bellavia D, et al. 2008. 27:5092
5. Louvi A, et al. Dev Neurosci. 2006. 28:5
- Gene ID
- 18131 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Notch 3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.