- W19231A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Neurofibromin 2, NF2, Merlin, Schwannomin, SCH, Neurofibromin 2 (Bilateral Acoustic Neuroma), Moesin-Ezrin-Radixin-Like Protein, Moesin-Ezrin-Radixin Like, Schwannomerlin, BANF, ACN
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|945201||25 µg||100 CHF|
|945202||100 µg||250 CHF|
Moesin-ezrin-radixin-like protein (Merlin) is a tumor suppressor protein encoded by the Neurofibromin 2 (NF2) gene. It functions as a scaffold linking the plasma membrane and the cytoskeleton, and plays a crucial role in regulating cell polarization and morphology. Merlin functions as a major upstream activator of the Hippo signaling pathway, where it promotes Lats1/2 degradation, leading to increased nuclear localization of the YAP/TAZ transcription factors. Mutations and deletions within the NF2 gene cause neurofibromatosis type 2, a tumorigenic disease of the brain.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to human Merlin.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg/mL. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC using 4% PFA-fixed HeLa cells permeabilized with either methanol or Triton X-100, and methanol-fixed and permeabilized HeLa cells. None of the methods were compatible with Merlin staining.
This clone is not predicted to cross-react with other Merlin homologs due to poor sequence conservation between the immunizing peptide and the corresponding region in each homolog.
- Merlin is a 595 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 70 kD.
- Tumor suppression, apoptosis
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure
- Antigen References
- Li W, et al. 2010. Cell. 140:477-490
- Petrilli A, et al. 2016. Oncogene. 35:537-548.
- White S, et al. 2019. Dev Cell. 49:425-443.E9.
- Gene ID
- 4771 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Merlin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.