- 67D2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Sialomucin CD164, MUC-24, multi-glycosylated core protein 24, MGC-24
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|324802||100 µg||118 CHF|
The 67D2 monoclonal antibody recognizes human CD164 also known as sialomucin CD164, MUC-24, and multi-glycosylated core protein 24. CD164 is a single pass transmembrane protein with short cytoplasmic tail that is highly N- and O-glycosylated. This protein contains sialic acid and a Ser-Gly motif that may serve as an attachment for a glycosaminoglycan side chain. Three splice variants of CD164 have been reported with apparent molecular weights ranging between 80-100 kD. CD164 is expressed in bone marrow, bone marrow stromal cells, and CD34+ hematopoietic cells myeloid and erythroid progenitors; and activated basophils. Expression has also been reported on a variety of carcinomas and leukemic cells and in the small intestine, colon, lung, and thyroid. CD164 plays a role in cell adhesion and proliferation and acts as a negative signaling molecule for hematopoietic progenitor cells. CD164 has also been reported to be involved in myogenic differentiation and cancer metastasis. The 67D2 antibody has been shown to be useful for the flow cytometric detection of human CD164, Western blotting under non-reducing conditions (detects an 80-100 kD protein as well as a high molecular weight aggregate of approximately 220 kD), and immunofluorescence.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- T-47D breast carcinoma line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per 106 cells in 100 µL volume or 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting2,3 under non-reducing conditions (detects an 80-100 kD protein as well as a high molecular weight aggregate of approximately 220 kD), and immunofluorescence3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Watt SM, et al. 1998. Blood 92:849.
- Watt SM, et al. 2000. Blood 95:3113.
- Doyonnas R, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:840.
- Vogel W, et al. 2002. Haematologica 88:126.
- Product Citations
AB_756020 (BioLegend Cat. No. 324802)
- Single pass transmembrane protein with short cytoplasmic tail. Highly N- and O-glycosylated, contains sialic acid and a Ser-Gly motif that may serve as an attachment for a glycosaminoglycan side chain. Three splice variants have been reported with apparen
Expressed in bone marrow, bone marrow stromal cells, and CD34+ hematopoietic cells myeloid and erythroid progenitors; activated basophils. Expressed on a variety of carcinomas and leukemic cells. Also expressed in the small intestine, colon, l
- Plays a role in cell adhesion and proliferation, negative signaling molecule for hematopoietic progenitor cells. Has also been reported to be involved in myogenic differentiation and cancer metastasis
- Cell Type
- Basophils, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Leukemia
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Zannettino ACW, et al. 1998. Blood 92:2613.
2. Havens AM, et al. 2006. BMC Cancer 6:195.
3. Lee YN, et al. 2001. Mol. Cell. Biol. 21:7696.
- Gene ID
- 8763 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD164 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD164 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-human CD164||67D2||FC,ICC,WB|
|FITC anti-human CD164||67D2||FC|
|PE anti-human CD164||67D2||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0821 anti-human CD164||67D2||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0821 anti-human CD164||67D2||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0821 anti-human CD164||67D2||PG|
|TotalSeq™-D0821 anti-human CD164||67D2||PG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.