- C494 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- P-glycoprotein 1, ABC20, CLCS, GP170, MDR1, P-GP, PGY1, colchicin sensitivity, doxorubicin resistance, multidrug resistance protein 1, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family B (MDR/TAP), member 1, MRP1, Multidrug resistance protein 1, P-glycoprotein 1
Signet Catalog# 8720-01
Covance Catalog# SIG-38720
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|907001||1 mL||604 CHF|
CD243 (MDR-1) belongs to the ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporter family. With an approximate molecular mass of 170 kD, it consists of two homologous halves. Each half contains two hydrophobic transmembrane domains (TMDs) and two hydrophilic nucleotide binding domains (NBDs). The TMDs span the membrane six times, forming a chamber with a 12 transmembrane α-helix structure. NBDs drive the transport process through ATP coupling and hydrolysis and are located at the cytoplasmic face of the membrane. CD243 transports various molecules across cellular membranes and is involved in multidrug resistance. MDR-1 is expressed on hematopoietic stem cells, T cells, B cells, and NK cells as well as on many multidrug resistant neoplastic cells. CD243 interacts with Caveolin, RING finger protein 1B, AAP1, p53, Orphan nuclear receptor PX, and cytochrome P450.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Primate
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution with BSA + 0.1% NaN3.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P, ICC, IP
FC, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: ≥1:20 for Biotin based detection systems such as USA Ultrastreptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501)
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues.
Pretreatment: Not Required.
Incuabation: 20-60 minutes at room temperature.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting, immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunocytochemistry (ICC) and immunopurification (IP).
Positive Cell Lines: Drug-sensitive parental cell lines and their multidrug-resistant derivatives.
Positive Tissues: Human liver (positive staining detected along luminal surfaces of bile canaliculi) or human colon (positive staining localized to luminal surface of secretaory epithelium).
C494 detects a gene-specific, internal cellular epitope (PNTLEGN) present only on the Mdr1 isoform of P-glycoprotein. C494 does not cross react with Mdr3. C494 has been shown to cross-react with Pyruvate Carboxylase (PC), an abundant 130kDa mitochondrial enzyme, on both immunoblots and immunohistochemical tissue sections. Unequivocal plasma membrane patterns of immunostaining represent true P-glycoprotein expression. Weak homogeneous, cytoplasmic, or granular patterns of reactivity may represent staining of the PC cross-reactive epitope rather than positive staining for P-glycoprotein.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Georges E, et al.1990. PNAS. 87:152. (IHC, ELISA)
- Toth K, et al.1992. Am. J. Pathol. 140:1009. (IHC,ICC,WB,ELISA)
- Rao VV, et al. 1994. Cancer Res. 54:1536. (WB) PubMed
- Lee JJ, et al. 1996. Cancer. 77:1892. (IHC) PubMed
- Beck WT, et al. 1996. Cancer Res. 56:3010. (IHC, ICC, FC) PubMed
- Villar VH, et al. 2012. PLos One. 7:37735. (IHC) PubMed
- Mahadevan D, et al. 2013. Cancer. 119:371. (IHC) PubMed
- Martin-Broto J, et al. 2014. Mol Cancer Ther. 13:249. (IHC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565071 (BioLegend Cat. No. 907001)
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Gene ID
- 5243 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD243 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD243 (ABCB1, P-glycoprotein 1) Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-CD243 (ABCB1, P-glycoprotein 1)||C494||IHC-P,ICC,IP,FC,WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.