- QA18A21 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Leu-19, NKH1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|398803||25 tests||115,00 CHF|
|398804||100 tests||275,00 CHF|
CD56 is a single transmembrane glycoprotein also known as NCAM (Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule), Leu-19, or NKH1. It is a member of the Ig superfamily. The 140 kD isoform is expressed on NK cells and NK-T cells. CD56 is also expressed in the brain (cerebellum and cortex) and at neuromuscular junctions. Certain large granular lymphocyte (LGL) leukemias, small-cell lung carcinomas, neuronal derived tumors, myelomas, and myeloid leukemias also express CD56. CD56 plays a role in homophilic and heterophilic adhesion via binding to itself or heparin sulfate.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
AB_2820070 (BioLegend Cat. No. 398803)
AB_2820071 (BioLegend Cat. No. 398804)
- Ig superfamily, single transmembrane or GPI-anchored glycoprotein
NK cells, T subset, neural tissue, some LGL and myeloid leukemias
- Heparin sulfate
- Cell Type
- B cells, Leukemia, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neurons, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Rosental B, et al. 2011. J Immunol. 187:5693. PubMed
- Correia DV, et al. 2011. Blood. 118:992. PubMed
- Schlecker E, et al. 2014. Cancer Res. 74:3429. PubMed
- Snyder JM, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:e107257. PubMed
- Siebert N, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:e107692. PubMed
- Rider P, et al. 2015. J Immunol. 195:1705-12. PubMed
- Davis ZB, et al. 2011. J Vis Exp. 49: 2668. PubMed
- Robin JD, et al. 2015. J Vis Exp. 95: 52307. PubMed
- Ames E, et al. 2015. J Immunol. 195: 4010-9. PubMed
- Laroni A, et al. 2016. J Autoimmun. 72:8-18. PubMed
- Pachnio A, et al. 2016. PLoS Pathog. 12:e1005832. PubMed
- Wouters K, et al. 2017. Sci Rep. 7:42665. PubMed
- Gene ID
- 4684 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD56 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.