- Other Names
- hydroxychloroquine, HCQ, chloroquine
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|427602||100 mg||150 CHF|
Hydroxychloroquine sulfate is used as an anti-malarial drug in regions where the parasite has grown resistance to chloroquine phosphate. It is a less toxic derivative of chloroquine phosphate that it known to inhibit proinflammatory cytokine levels and is being used as a treatment to decrease inflammation in autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. The drug is also broadly used to study autophagic pathways in eukaryotic cells, where it blocks lysosomal acidification. This decreases autophagic flux by disrupting autophagasome-lysosome fusion. Additionally, hydroxychloroquine sulfate inhibits infection by SARS-CoV-2 and other coronaviruses in vitro.Product Details
- Resuspend 100 mg of lyophilized hydroxychloroquine sulfate in 4.6 mL of ddH2O to make 50 mM stock concentration.
- Storage & Handling
- Store lyophilized powder at room temperature under desiccation. Protect from light. Once reconstituted, store at -20°C. Use reconstituted material within 3 months to avoid loss of potency.
Activation - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Treatment of cultured cells with hydroxychloroquine sulfate ranges from 10-50 μM for 12-48 hours. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated to determine optimal performance.
This product is for research use. It is not intended for therapeutic use or human consumption.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, COVID-19
- Antigen References
- Jiang PD, et al. 2010. Biomed. Pharmacother. 64:609
- Frieboes HB, et al. 2014. JOP. 15:189.
- Levy JM, et al. 2014. Cancer Discov. 4:773.
- Wang M, et al. 2020. Cell Res. 30:269.
- Gene ID