- W15090A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Histone deacetylase-like 1 (HDACL1), MRXS6, Wilson-Turner X-linked mental retardation syndrome (WTS), RPD3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|685503||25 µg||75,00 CHF|
|685504||100 µg||235,00 CHF|
Histone deacetylases (HDACs) are a family of enzymes responsible for the removal of acetyl groups from lysine residues on the core histones and other non-histone proteins. HDAC8 is a type I histone deacetylase and was initially found to deacetylate a variety of acetylated histone variants in vitro. HDAC8 is a kinectically and structurally well-characterized deacetylase that was reported to catalyze several nuclear proteins, which include ERR-α, hEST1B, and SMC3. Patients with HDAC8 mutations show Cornelia de Lange Syndrome (CdLS) and Wilson-turner Syndrome (WTS) phenotypes. Elevated expression of HDAC8 has been observed in various tumor types, such as acute lymphoblastic leukemia (AML), neuroblastomas, and glimoas. HDAC8 is implicated as a therapeutic target in cancer and infectious diseases.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length human HDAC8 recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
WB, KO/KD-WB, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP Assay. The suggested dilution for ChIP application is 1:50 by volume. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent to be titrated for optimal performance before each experiment.
- Application Notes
25 µg, 100 µg of Go-ChIP-GradeTM Purified Antibody can be used for 2, 11 immunoprecipitations, respectively, at the recommended dilution.
AB_2687139 (BioLegend Cat. No. 685503)
AB_2687140 (BioLegend Cat. No. 685504)
- 377 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 41.8 kD. It belongs to the type I Histone deacetylase subfamily.
Nucleus and cytoplasm.
- HDAC8 is a deacetylase and regulates gene expression through catalyzing the removal of acetyl groups on lysine residues in the core histones and transcriptional factors.
- Interacts with PEPB2-MYH11, CBFA2T3, SMG5, and alpha-SMA.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Neuroscience, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Qi J, et al. 2015. Cell Stem Cell. 17:597.
2. Tian Y, et al. 2015. Cancer Res. 75:4803.
3. Feng L, et al. 2015. J. Hum. Genet. 60:165.
4. Ha SD, et al. 2014. J. Immunol. 193:1333.
5. Higuchi T, et al. 2013. Blood 121:3640.
6. Deardorff MA, et al. 2012. Nature 489:313.
- Gene ID
- 55869 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HDAC8 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.