- S16016B (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Prominin-1, PROM1, AC133
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|394011||25 tests||204 CHF|
|394012||100 tests||435 CHF|
CD133, also known as Prominin-1 and AC133 antigen, is a 120 kD pentaspan glycoprotein with 5 transmembrane domains. CD133 was initially described as a surface antigen specific for human hematopoietic stem cells and as a marker for murine neuroepithelial cells and some embryonic epithelia. Later on, CD133 was found on other stem cells, including endothelial progenitor cells, glioblastomas, neuronal, and glial stem cells. In addition to stem cells for normal tissue, CD133 was found on cancer cells, such as some leukemia cells and brain tumor cells. Although the biological function of CD133 is not completely understood, CD133 has been extensively used as a stem cell marker for normal and cancerous tissues.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human CD133 transfectants
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
In-house testing suggests that clone S16016B blocks clone AC133 but not clone 7 that are also raised against human CD133.
AB_2832748 (BioLegend Cat. No. 394011)
AB_2832749 (BioLegend Cat. No. 394012)
- 120 kD pentaspan transmembrance glycoprotein with 5 transmembrane domains
Hematopoietic stem cells and progenitor cells, fetal liver cells, tissue specific stem cells or progenitor cells such as renal and prostate, a variety of tumor cells
- May play a role in cell differentiation, proliferation, and apoptosis
- NAT8; NAT8B; CDHR1
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Yin AH, et al. 1997. Blood. 90:5002.
- Miraglia S, et al. 1997. Blood. 90:5013.
- Bühring HJ, et al. 1999. Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 872:25.
- Gene ID
- 8842 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD133 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Other FormatsView All CD133 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|PE anti-human CD133||S16016B||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD133||S16016B||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0594 anti-human CD133||S16016B||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0594 anti-human CD133||S16016B||PG|
|APC anti-human CD133||S16016B||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD133||S16016B||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD133||S16016B||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD133||S16016B||FC|
|TotalSeq™-B0594 anti-human CD133||S16016B||PG|
|TotalSeq™-D0594 anti-human CD133||S16016B||PG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.