- NSE-P1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Gamma-enolase, neural enolase, neuron-specific enolase, 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydrolyase, ENO2, NSE
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|804902||25 µg||105 CHF|
|804903||100 µg||265 CHF|
Mammalian enolase is composed of 3 isozyme subunits, alpha, beta and gamma, which can form homodimers or heterodimers. Expression of these isozymes can be cell-type and development-specific. This gene encodes gamma enolase (enolase 2) and is expressed in mature neurons and cells of neuronal origin. The alpha/alpha homodimers are expressed in embryo and in most adult tissues. The alpha/beta heterodimers and the beta/beta homodimers are found in striated muscle, and the alpha/gamma heterodimers and the gamma/gamma homodimers are expressed in neurons. Neuron specific enolase is found in elevated concentrations in plasma and certain neoplasias. These include pediatric neuroblastoma and small cell lung cancer.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 416-433. It recognizes the sequence LGDEARFAGHNFRNPSVL.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
The reactivity of Alexa Fluor® 647 and Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-NSE antibody was verified in FFPE mouse and rat tissue.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISA2 and immunohistochemistry1,3,4.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yoo J, et al. 2002. Arch. Pathol. Lab Med. 126(8):979. (IHC-P)
- Duncan ME, et al. 1992. J. Immuno. Methods. 151:227 (ELISA)
- Chetty R. 2000. Pathology. 32(3):209. (IHC-P)
- Murray GI, et al. 1993. J. Clin. Pathol. 46:993. (IHC-P)
AB_2721395 (BioLegend Cat. No. 804902)
AB_2721396 (BioLegend Cat. No. 804903)
- Gamma enolase is a 434 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 47 kD.
Tissue distribution: Nervous and musculoskeletal systems.
Cellular distribution: Secreted, cytosol, plasma membrane, cytoskeleton, and nucleus.
- Gamma enolase has neurotrophic and neuroprotective properties on a broad spectrum of central nervous system (CNS) neurons. It binds, in a calcium-dependent manner, to cultured neocortical neurons and promotes cell survival.
- Cell Type
- Mature Neurons, Neural Stem Cells, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Phospho-Proteins
- Antigen References
- Muoio B, et al. 2017. Int J Biol Markers. 10.5301/ijbm.5000286.
- Huang L, et al. 2017. Oncotarget. 8(38): 64358.
- Isgro MA, et al. 2015. Adv Exp Med Biol. 867:125.
- Zaheer S, et al. 2013. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 16(4):504.
- Gene ID
- 2026 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NSE on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.