- A16072G (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MIG, Monokine induced by interferon gamma, SCYB9, Small inducible cytokine, subfamily B, member 9
- Rat IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CXCL9 is an inflammatory chemokine initially identified by differential screening of a cDNA library from limphokine-activated macrophages. CXCL9 is a CXC chemokine and member of the non-ELR (lacking a Glu-Leu-Arg motif in the N-terminal region) CXC chemokine family. CXCL9 shares the CXCR3 receptor with CXCL10 and CXCL11, and these ligands differ in their receptor-binding and activating properties; CXCL11 is more potent than CXCL10 and CXCL10 is more potent than CXCL9. CXCL9 plays a key role in leukocyte trafficking, acting on activated CD4+ Th1 cells, CD8+ T cells, IL-2 activated T lymphocytes, and NK cells. In addition, CXCL9 enhances T lymphocyte function in alloimmune response; CXCL9 induces T cells proliferation and cytokine production in an experimental model of cardiac allograft vasculopathy. Also, CXCL9 has angiostatic activity. Additionally, it has been hypothesized that CXCL9, CXCL10, and CXCL11 contribute to host defense against inhalational anthrax in a murine model of infection. CXCL9 is induced by cytokines, particularly IFN-γ during infection, injury, or immunoinflammatory responses, and it can be inactivated by CD26/dipeptidil peptidase IV after truncation by this protease.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse CXCL9
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralization of the chemotaxis induced by recombinant mouse CXCL9 (MIG) (Cat. No. 578204) at 70 ng/mL on mouse Baf3-mCXCR3 transfectant chemoattractant cells. ND50 range: 0.15 - 1 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2892505 (BioLegend Cat. No. 942603)
AB_2892505 (BioLegend Cat. No. 942604)
CXCL9 is secreted by monocytes, macrophages, APC, eosinophils, endothelial cells, and B cells. Also, CXCL9 is secreted by fibroblast in inflammatory conditions.
- Induce chemotaxis, promote differentiation and multiplication of leukocytes, cause tissue extravasation, enhance CNS immunity; CXCL9/CXCR3 receptor regulates immune cell migration, differentiation, and activation
- Activated T lymphocytes, CD4 Th1, CD8+, NK, and NKT cells
- Antigen References
1. Loetscher M, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:963.
2. Lambeir AM, et al. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276:29839.
3. Whiting D, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 172:7417.
4. Gorbachev AV, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2278.
5. Rosenblum JM, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:3450.
6. Crawford MA, et al. 2010. PLoS Pathog 6:e1001199.
- Gene ID
- 17329 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CXCL9 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.