- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Breast and kidney expressed chemokine (BRAK), B cells and monocyte-activating chemokine (BMAC), kidney expressed chemokine (KEC), MIP-1ž‚
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CXCL14 was initially cloned from breast and kidney cells, and it is expressed at high levels and ubiquitously in normal tissue. CXCL14 is well conserved between humans, birds, frogs and fish at the amino acid level, and human and mouse CXCL14 share 95% identity. Original studies showed a decrease in the expression of CXCL14 in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) and cervical squamous cell carcinoma (SCCs) tumors, and the induction of expression of CXCL14 in human oral carcinoma prevents tumor growth of these cells in vivo. Therefore, it has been suggested that CXCL14 possesses tumor suppressing function, and it has been speculated that CXCL14 secreted by stromal cells chemoattracts iDCs (immature dendritic cells) and NK cells that activate the immune response against tumor cells. Most recent data showed that epigenetic silencing of CXCL5, CXCL12, and CXCL14 occurs in 75% of primary lung adenocarcinomas. Consequently, the low expression of CXCL14 in tumors might allow them to escape immune surveillance. Opposite of HNSCC and SCCs tumors, prostate, pancreatic, and colorectal cancers show high expression of CXCL14, inducing growth and invasiveness of pancreatic and breast cancer cells.Product Details
- Human CXCL14, amino acids Met-(Ser35-Glu111) (Accession# NM_004887.4) was expressed in E.coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 77 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 9.5 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 13 and 14 kD by SDS-PAGE respectively. The N-terminal amino acid is Met.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.) Please note, new lots of the 100 µg size will be lot-specific and may differ from previous lots that had a fixed concentration.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Bioactivity was measured by its property to chemoattract PGE2 activated THP-1 cells in a dose dependent manner.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Keratinocytes, dermal fibroblasts, squamous epithelial cells, glandular epithelium in endometrium
- Chemoattracts activated monocytes, iDCs, and NK cells; has antimicrobial activity against cutaneous Gram-positive bacteria and Candida albicans
- Monocytes, immature DCs, NK cells, myocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Frederick MJ, et al. 2000. Am. J. Pathol. 156:1937.
2. Kurt I, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 194:855.
3. Allinen M, et al. 2004. Cancer Cell 6:17.
4. Schwarze SR, et al. 2005 Prostate 64:67
5. Ozawa, S., et al. 2006 Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 348:406.
6. Wente MN, et al. 2008 Cancer Lett 259:209.
7. Maerki C, et al. 2009 J. Immunol. 182:507.
8. Mokhtar NM, et al. 2009. Mol. Hum. Repro. 16:170.
9. Tessema M, et al. 2010. Oncogene 29:5159.
10. Hara T and Tanegashima K. 2012 J. Biochem. 151:469.
- Gene ID
- 9547 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CXCL14 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)