- 15C4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- OLR1, LOX1, LOXIN, SLOX1, CLEC8A, SCARE1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor 1 (LOX-1) also known as CLEC8A is a 31 kD single pass type II transmembrane protein and member of the C-type lectin superfamily. LOX-1 is a scavenger receptor and is involved in endocytosis, phagocytosis and cytokine production. CLEC8A is expressed by endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, platelets, fibroblasts, macrophages, and is upregulated by inflammatory and oxidative stimuli. LOX-1 recognizes numerous ligands including lipoproteins, apoptotic cells heat shock proteins, C-reactive protein and oxidized LDL. LOX-1 is implicated in atherosclerosis and vascular inflammation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- LOX-1 ectodomain: Fc fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescent staining of acetone-fixed frozen human skin sections1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Li D, et al. 2012. J. Exp. Med. 209:109. (IHC)
AB_2562272 (BioLegend Cat. No. 358602)
- Single pass, type II, transmembrane protein, 31 kD, homodimer, member of the C-type lectin superfamily.
Endothelial cells, smooth muscle, platelets, fibroblasts, macrophages; Upregulated by inflammatory and oxidative stimuli
- Scavenger receptor, involved in endocytosis, phagocytosis and cytokine production
- Recognizes numerous ligands including lipoproteins, apoptotic cells, heat shock proteins, C-reactive protein, oxidized LDL
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Macrophages, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Yin Y, et al. 2013. Eur. J. Cell Biol. 92:150.
2. Khaidakov M. and Mehta JL. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e46973.
3. Sawamura T, et al. 2012. Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 23:439.
4. Lin FY, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:4405.
5. Parlato S, et al. 2010. Blood 115:1554.
- Gene ID
- 4973 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LOX-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.