- EBVCS-5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Leu-20, FcεRII, IgE Fc Receptor, BLAST-2, B6, Low affinity IgE receptor
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD23 is a 45 kD protein, also known as Leu-20, FcεRII, IgE Fc receptor, BLAST-2, B6, and low affinity IgE receptor. It is a member of the Ig family, expressed on most mature B cells, B cells in follicular mantle (but not in proliferating germinal center cells, follicular dendritic cells, monocytes, eosinophils, Langerhans cells, and a subset of T cells (10-15% of tonsillar T cells). CD23 responds to high levels of IgE by downregulating IgE secretion. In human monocytes, CD23 triggering results in release of pro-inflammatory cytokines including TNF-α, IL-1, IL-6, and GM-CSF. CD23 can be proteolytically cleaved to generate soluble CD23 fragments of various molecular weights. In chronic lymphocytic leukemia, levels of soluble CD23 in the serum can be used as a prognostic marker to identify patients at high risk for disease progression. Alternate splicing of exon 2 can also generate two cell-surface isoforms of CD23 differing by 6 amino acids in their cytoplasmic region.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sugden B and Metzenberg S. 1983. J. Virol. 46:800-807.
- Product Citations
AB_1279181 (BioLegend Cat. No. 338502)
- Ig family member, type II transmembrane glycoprotein, 45 kD
B cells, follicular dendritic cells, monocytes, eosinophils, a subset of T cells, Langerhans cells
- Regulation of IgE synthesis in human monocytes; CD23 triggering results in release of pro-inflammatory cytokines including TNF-a, IL-1, IL-6, and GM-CSF
- IgE, CD19/CD21/CD81
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Eosinophils, Langerhans cells, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Ludin C, et al. 1987. EMBO J. 6:109.
2. Delespesse G, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 125:77.
3. Flores-Romo L, et al. 1993. Science 261:1038.
4. Armant M, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180:1005.
- Gene ID
- 2208 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about CD23 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.