- P1E6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ITGA2, collagen receptor, VLA-2 subunit alpha, platelet antigen Br, platelet glycoprotein Ia, platelet glycoprotein GPIa, CD49 antigen-like family member B, platelet membrane glycoprotein Ia, very late activation protein 2 receptor, alpha-2 sub
Covance Catalog# MMS-488P
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD49b is a 170 kD transmembrane protein, also known as α2 integrin, VLA-2 α chain, Integrin α2 and GPIa. It associates with CD29 (β1 integrin) to form VLA-2, a collagen and laminin receptor on many cell types including monocytes, platelets, activated T cells, megakaryocytes, neuronal cells, epithelial cells, and osteoclasts. CD49b has been reported to interact with F-actin and matrix metalloproteinase 1. CD49b is a platelet alloantigen and has been associated with neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia. Deficiencies in this protein have been associated with hemorrhagic disorders.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was generated against human HT1080 fibrosarcoma cells.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-F - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: 1:1,000
Tissue: Frozen sections
Incubation: 60 minutes at room temperature
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in Immunohistochemistry (IHC).
IHC Positive Control: Normal Human Kidney
This antibody is directed against the a2 subunit. It was subsequently purified using protein G.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wayner EA, et al. 2007. Meths. Enzymol. In: Integrins. 426:117.
AB_2565103 (BioLegend Cat. No. 910901)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.