- 6B8B69; W15133B;
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Extracellular Signal-Regulated Kinase 1, Extracellular Signal-Regulated Kinase 2, Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase 3, MAPK3, p44, p42, p44-ERK1, p44-ERK2, p44-MAPK,, p42-MAPK
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
ERK1/2 are members of mitogen-activated kinases (MAPKs) of serine/threonine protein kinases. ERK1/2 can be activated by a range of extracellular stimuli, such as mitogen, growth factors, neurotransmitters, chemokines, and cytokines, through receptor tyrosine kinases (RTK), G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), or protein kinase C (PKC). Upon stimulation, ERK1/2 are phosphorylated by the upstream kinase MEK on residues Thr202 and Tyr204 and in turn phosphorylate many other downstream molecules that are involved in a range of cellular processes such as cell proliferation, differentiation, motility and cell death.Product Details
- Kit Contents
Product Application Clone Size Reactivity Isotype Purified anti-ERK1/2 Antibody WB, ICC W15133B 25 μg Human, Mouse Rat IgG1, κ Purified anti-ERK1/2 Phospho (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody WB 6B8B69 25 μg Human, Mouse Mouse IgG2a, κ
* For detailed information about each specificity, please refer to the datasheets of the individual products.
- Human, Mouse
- Please refer to individual product datasheets for immunogen information
- Phosphate-buffered solutions, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibodies were purified by affinity chromatography.
- Storage & Handling
- These antibody solutions should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of antibodies in this set is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested uses of these reagents are as follows:
Clone W15133B: 0.5 - 2.0 µg/mL
Clone 6B8B69: 0.1 - 1.0 µg/mL
It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
For recommended usage information for additional applications, please refer to the datasheet of the individual products.
- ERK1 is a 379 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 43 kD. ERK2 is a 360 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 41 kD.
Ubiquitously expressed/Nucleus and cytosol
- ERK1/2 are broadly expressed protein kinases that are involved in proliferation, differentiation, motility, and cell death. In response to extracellular stimuli, ERK1 and ERK2 are phosphorylated at Thr202 and Tyr204, and in turn transduce signals to downstream substrates.
- ERK1/2 phosphorylates a wide range of downstream substrates, such as ATF2, BCL6, EIF4EBP1, CANX, MAP2, DAPK1, RAF1, SYK, and GRB10.
- Antigen References
1. Futran AS, et al. 2013. Curr. Biol. 23:R972.
2. Mendoza MC, et al. 2011. Trends Biochem. Sci. 36:320.
3. Chambard JC, et al. 2007. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1773:1299.
4. Roux PP and Blenis J. 2004. Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev. 68:320.
5. Torii S, et al. 2004. J. Biochem. 136:557.
6. Clark EA and Haynes RO. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:14814.
- Gene ID
- 5595 View all products for this Gene ID 5594 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ERK1/2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.