- W17068A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF-1)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IRF1 is the first identified member of the interferon regulatory transcription factor family. Its expression is induced in response to pathogen infection or the stimulation of several cytokines, including type I and II IFN, IL-1, IL-6, and TNF-α. Upon stimulation, IRF1 is transcriptionally activated by STAT1 and NFκB transcription factors via the GAS (interferon-gamma-activated sequence) element in the IRF1 promoter. IRF1 plays important roles in mediating immune response during infection and development of T cells and NK cells. In addition to the immunomodulatory functions, IRF1 has also shown to be involved in the regulation of cell cycle progression, tumor suppression, and apoptosis. IRF1-mediated transcription can be repressed by IRF2 through competing for the same binding region on the promoters.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human IRF1 recombinant protein (147-325 a.a.)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Product Citations
- 325 amino acids, predicted MW is 37 kD and observed MW is 45 kD. Contains an IRF tryptophan pentad repeat responsible for DNA binding.
- IRF1 is a transcription factor, regulating expression of IFN and IFN-inducible genes. It is also involved in regulating cell proliferation, apoptosis, tumor suppression, and various immune responses.
- Forms homodimers. Interacts with p300, MyD88, and PIAS3.
- Cell Type
- Leukocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, NK cells, T cells, Th1, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Yarilina A, et al. 2008. Nat. Immunol. 9:378.
2. Kano S, et al. 2008. Nat. Immunol. 9:34.
- Gene ID
- 3659 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about IRF1 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.