- L1-OV198.5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CAML1, HSAS, HSAS1, MASA, MIC5, N-CAM-L1, N-CAML1, S10, SPG1, L1CAM, Neural cell adhesion molecule L1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD171, also known as L1CAM or L1, is a transmembrane glycoprotein. It is a 200-220 kD neuronal cell adhesion molecule and a member of the L1 protein family belonging to the immunoglobulin superfamily.
This cell adhesion molecule plays an important role in nervous system development, including neuron-neuron adhesion, signal transduction, axon guidance, cell migration and differentiation. CD171 also has a strong implication in treatment-resistanct cancers. Mutations in the gene cause three X-linked neurological syndromes known by the acronym CRASH (corpus callosum hypoplasia, retardation, aphasia, spastic paraplegia and hydrocephalus). Alternative splicing of a neuron-specific exon is thought to be functionally relevant.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- SKOV-3 ovarian carcinoma cells.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
AB_2616787 (BioLegend Cat. No. 371603)
AB_2616788 (BioLegend Cat. No. 371604)
- 200-220 kD. Several immunoglobulin-like domains and fibronectin-like repeats (type III), linked via a single transmembrane sequence to a conserved cytoplasmic domain.
Tetanus-toxin positive neurons, endothelial cells, certain epithelial cells, reticular fibroblasts, colon and breast carcinomas, colon melanoma, tumor cells of neuronal and mesothelial origin.
- Adhesion molecule. Homotypic and heterotypic cell-cell interaction in neuronal myelination, neurite outgrowth and regeneration. Axonal guidance, neuronal migration.
- Homophilic interaction with itself and heterophilic binding to integrins, other cell adhesion molecules, extracellular matrix molecules.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Wolterink S, et al. 2010. Cancer Res. 70(6):2504.
2. Huszar M, et al. 2006. Human Pathology 37(8):1000.
3. Kaifi JT, et al. 2006. Anticancer Res. 26(2A):1167.
4. Kaifi JT, et al. 2006. Mod. Pathol. 3:399.
5. Meier F, et al. 2006. Int. J. Cancer 119(3)549.
6. Stoeck A, et al. 2006. Biochem. J. 393:609.
7. Gutwein P, et al. 2005. Clin. Cancer Res. 11(7)2492.
- Gene ID
- 3897 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD171 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.