- SHM-57 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Muc-18, MCAM, Mel-CAM, S-endo
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD146 is a 118 kD integral transmembrane glycoprotein also known as MUC18, S-Endo, MCAM, and Mel-CAM (melanoma cell adhesion molecule). It belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD146 is expressed on melanoma cells, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, activated T cells, multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells, and activated keratinocytes. CD146 mediates heterophilic cell adhesion and regulates monocyte transendothelial migration. The ligand of CD146 remains to be identified.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Aomatsu E, et al. 2014. Sci Rep. 4:3652. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_1595543 (BioLegend Cat. No. 342003)
AB_1595447 (BioLegend Cat. No. 342004)
- 118 kD integral glycoprotein, Ig superfamily
- Melanoma cells, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, activated T cells, multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells
- Adhesion, monocytes transendothelial migration
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, Endothelial cells, T cells, Mesenchymal cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Pickl WF, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:2107
2. Weninger W, et al. 2000. J. Invest. Dermatol. 115:219
3. Sorrentino A, et al. 2008. Exp. Hematol. 36:1035
4. Bardin N, et al. 2009. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 29:746
- Gene ID
- 4162 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD146 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.