- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MCP2, Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 8, small inducible cytokine subfamily A (Cys-Cys), member 8 (monocyte chemotactic protein 2)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 8 (CCL8), also known as monocyte chemoattractant protein 2 (MCP-2), is a protein which in humans is encoded by the CCL8 gene. CCL8 belongs to the CC chemokine family and is up-regulated in inflammed tissues. It binds to several G proteincoupled receptors including CCR1, CCR2, CCR3 and CCR5. It activates and attracts many different immune cells. High levels of CCL8 are associated with tuberculosis (TB) and graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) following hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (HSCT). Since it recognizes the receptor CCR5, which is a major co-receptor for HIV-1, CCL8 has been investigated for its potential as an inhibitor for HIV infection.
ELISA Development Systems Engineered for Sensitive, Precise and Reliable Serum and Plasma Cytokine Quantitation
BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets provide all the time-savings, convenience, and performance of a high-end, commmercial ELISA kit for a fraction of the price!
BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets, address the need for sensitivity, accuracy, dependability, and versatility of an ELISA development system, while providing cost effectiveness, value, and ease of use.
The ELISA Max™ Set Deluxe is specifically engineered for accurate recovery and measurement of analytes in complex fluids, such as serum and plasma (as well as activated cell cultures) without any interference by confounding serum factors, such as heterophilic antibody or rheumathoid factor.
- Kit Contents
- Human CCL8 ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human CCL8 ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human CCL8 Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution D
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- Assay Buffer D
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- Product Citations
- 4.0 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 7.8 - 500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- A microplate reader capable of of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 µL to 1 mL
- Deionized (DI) water
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Soaline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCL, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered.
- Wash Buffer: Phosphate-Buffered Saline (PBS) + 0.05% Tween-20. BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Stop Solution (acid solution e.g. 2N H2SO4) BioLegend Cat. No. 423001
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Sealer
- Absorbent Paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.