- A17020B (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- S6, 40S ribosomal protein S6
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Ribosomal protein S6 (RPS6) is a key component of the small 40S ribosomal subunit and is the major substrate of protein kinases in eukaryotic ribosomes. In response to various cellular stimuli such as mitogenic stimulation, insulin, and increased nutrient availability, upstream kinases such as RSK and p70 kinases phosphorylate RPS6 at multiple serine sites. These modifications facilitate the recruitment of the 7-methylguanasine cap complex, thereby promoting the assembly of the translational pre-initiation complex and increased cellular protein synthesis capacity. RPS6 has been shown to be hyperphosphorylated in certain cancers, and phosphorylation is a critical determinant of pancreatic β–cell size and systemic glucose homeostasis function in diabeteic mouse models.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide from human RPS6 phosphorylated at Serines 235 and 236
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Phos™ Perm Buffer in Cell Suspensions Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Due to complete conservation of the immunizing sequence between humans, mouse and rat, this clone is is predicted to react with rat RPS6 phosphorylated at serines 235 and 236.
AB_2814450 (BioLegend Cat. No. 608609)
AB_2814451 (BioLegend Cat. No. 608610)
- RPS6 is a 249 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 28.6 kD.
Cytosol, nucleus, ER, ubiquitous expression.
- Phosphorylation events at a cluster of serine residues (Ser 235, 236, 240, and 244) at the carboxy-terminus of RPS6 results in increased global translational efficiency. These sites are dephosphorylated during growth arrest.
- RPS6AK1 and RPS6AK3; other subunits of 40S ribosomal complex.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Protein Synthesis, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers, Phospho-Proteins
- Antigen References
- Jefferies HB, et al. 1997. EMBO J. 16:3693.
- Ruvinsky I, et al. 2005. Genes. Dev.19:2199.
- Chumacher AM, et al. 2006. Biochemistry. 45:13614
- Roux PP, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282:14056.
- Stevens C, et al. 2009. J. Biol. Chem. 284:334.
- Schlafli P, et al. 2011. FEBS J. 278:1757.
- Gene ID
- 6194 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RPS6 Phospho Ser235/Ser236 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.