- WM15 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV M44
- Other Names
- Aminopeptidase N, APN, gp150
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD13 is a 150-170 kD type II transmembrane glycoprotein also known as aminopeptidase N, APN, and gp150. This zinc metallopeptidase is expressed as a homodimer on granulocytes, myeloid progenitors, endothelial cells, epithelial cells and subset of granular lymphoid cells. It is not expressed on platelets or erythrocytes. CD13 is thought to be involved in the metabolism of many regulatory peptides and functions in antigen processing and the cleavage of chemokines such as MIP-1. CD13 serves as the cellular receptor for Coronavirus.Product Details
- Human, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Cotton-topped Tamarin
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inhibition of tumor-cell invasion and blocking of aminopeptidase activities2,3, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections5. WM15 does not recognize formalin-fixed or paraffin-embedded tissue sections5. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 301708). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 301723 and 301724) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Saiki I, et al. 1993. Int J Cancer. 54:137. (Block)
- Rosenzwajg M, et al. 2000. Blood 95:453. (Block)
- Kawase M, et al. 2008. J Virol. 83:712. (Block) PubMed
- Di Matteo P, et al. 2011. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 59:47. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2562525 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301715)
AB_2562526 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301716)
- Zinc metallopeptidase, type II integral membrane glycoprotein, 150-170 kD
Granulocytes, monocytes, myeloid progenitors, endothelial and epithelial cells, granular lymphocyte subset
- Zinc-binding metalloproteinase, antigen processing, cleaves MIP-1 chemokine
- Coronavirus receptor
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Granulocytes, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Lymphocytes, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Shipp M, et al. 1993. Blood 82:1052.
2. Larsen S, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:183.
- Gene ID
- 290 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD13 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.