- A17071D (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-1 Rrp, CDw218a, IL-18 receptor a
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The IL-18 receptor (IL-18R) complex is composed of two known chains, IL-18 receptor α (IL-18Rα) and IL-18 receptor β (IL-18Rβ). IL-18Rα (IL-1R5) is an IL-1 receptor super family member. It was originally described as IL-1 receptor-related protein (IL-1Rrp) because of its homology with the IL-1/Toll receptor family. IL-18Rα is the extracellular binding domain of the IL-18 receptor complex. It is expressed on the majority of peripheral CD4+ T cells, Th1 cells, and reciprocally repressed during Th2 development. The expression of IL-18Rα is induced by an IL-12/Stat4 pathway and inhibited by IL-4/Stat6 pathway. Binding of IL-18Rα together with IL-18β to proinflammatory cytokine IL-18 plays an important role in innate and autoimmune responses.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse CD218a
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
AB_2860736 (BioLegend Cat. No. 157907)
AB_2876539 (BioLegend Cat. No. 157908)
- An IL-1 receptor super family member
Expressed on T cells, NK cell subset, neutrophils, IL-12 stimulated tonsillar B cells, and intestinal epithelial cells (IEC).
- Bind to pro inflammatory cytokine IL-18 and play an important role in innate and autoimmune responses.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
- Parnet P, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:3967.
- Thomassen E, et al. 1998. J. Interferon Cytokine Res. 18:1077-88.
- Debets R, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:4950-6.
- Smeltz RB, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 194:143-53.
- Gene ID
- 16182 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD218a on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.