- 93 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Fcγ R III/II, Ly-17
- Rat IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD16 is low affinity IgG Fc receptor III (FcR III) and CD32 is FcR II. CD16/CD32 are expressed on B cells, monocytes/macrophages, NK cells, granulocytes, mast cells, and dendritic cells. The Fc receptors bind antibody-antigen immune complexes and mediate adaptive immune responses.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Sorted pre-B cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone 93 can be used for blocking of CD16/CD32 interactions with the Fc domain of immunoglobulins, but is not the same clone as 2.4G2.
The 93 mAb is specific to the common epitope of CD16/CD32. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1 and blocking of Fc-mediated reactions in functional studies2,4,23. It is useful for blocking non-specific binding of immunoglobulin to Fc receptors. For blocking of Fc receptors in flow cytometric analysis, pre-incubate the cells with purified anti-CD16/CD32 antibody (=1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µL volume) for 5-10 minutes on ice prior to immunostaining. For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 101330) (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Personal communication (IP)
- Oliver AM, et al. 1999. Hybridoma 18:113. (Block)
- Brummel R and Lenert P. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:2429.
- Terrazas LI, et al. 2005. Int. J. Parasitol. 35:1349. (Block)
- Clements JL, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:905.
- Mohamed W, et al. 2010. Infect Immun. 78:3306. PubMed
- Ouchi T, et al. 2011. J. Exp Med. 208:2607. PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2011. J. Vis. Exp. 47:2381. PubMed
- Yamazaki S, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e51665. PubMed
- Li J, et al. 2012. Arthritis Rheum. 64:1098. PubMed
- Azuma M, et al. 2012. Oncoimmunology. 1:581. PubMed
- Koon HW, et al. 2013. J. Vis. Exp. 68:4208. PubMed
- Hegde VL, et al. 2013. J Biol Chem. 288:36810. PubMed
- Huang J, et al. 2013. J. Immunol Methods. 387:254. PubMed
- Dutow P, et al. 2014. J Infect Dis. PubMed
- Fan Y, et al. 2014. J Exp Med. 211:313. PubMed
- Huang HN, et al. 2014. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 58:1538. PubMed
- Takei S, et al. 2014. Vaccine. 32:3066. PubMed
- Richardson ML, et al. 2014. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 8:2825. PubMed
- Cekanaviciute E, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 193:139. PubMed
- Kimura T, et al. 2014. Int Immunol. 26:697. PubMed
- Everad A, et al. 2014. Nat Commun. 5:5648. PubMed
- Cenci E, et al. 2006. J. Leuko. Biol. 79(1):40-5. (Block)
- Product Citations
AB_2278396 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101314)
- Ig superfamily, 40-60 kD
B cells, monocyte/macrophages, NK cells, neutrophils, mast cells, dendritic cells
- Low affinity receptors for IgG
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Mast cells, Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Unkeless JC. 1989. J. Clin. Invest. 83:355.
3. Qiu WQ, et al. 1990. Science 248:732.
- Gene ID
- 14130 View all products for this Gene ID 14131 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD16/32 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.