- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- VEGF co-regulated chemokine 1 (VCC-1)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CXCL17 is the latest identified member of the CXC chemokine family and may contribute to tumor angiogenesis and progression. Ectopic expression of human CXCL17 in HUVEC significantly upregulated the RNA level of genes involved in angiogenesis including VEGF-A and basic FGF. NIH3T3 cells overexpressing human or mouse CXCL17 developed rapid growing tumors in mice. In vitro chemotaxis assay shows that human CXCL17 can induce migration of CD14+ monocytes and CD11c+ immature dendritic cells from human peripheral blood, and mouse CXCL17 can induce CD11b+Gr1highF4/80− cells from mouse spleen cells. CXCL17 also shows broad antimicrobial activity by disrupting bacterial membrane. High levels of CXCL17 have been detected in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.Product Details
- Mouse CXCL17, 97 amino acids Ser23-Leu119 (Accession# Q5UW37.1) was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 97 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 10.3 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 10 kD and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 18 kD by SDS-PAGE. The N-terminal amino acid is Serine.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Bioactivity was measured by its antimicrobial activity (E.coli) in a dose dependent manner.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Pisabarro MT, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:2069.
- Weinstein EJ, et al. 2006. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 350:74.
- Burkhardt AM, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:6399.
- Matsui A, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e44080.
- CXC Chemokine
CXCL17 is a mucosal expressed chemokine, and its RNA has been detected in the respiratory system, digestive system, and reproductive tract. In the gut, CXCL17 is expressed by epithelial cells.
- CXCL17 chemoattracts monocytes and immature dendritic cells. A transcriptional microarray experiment shows co-regulation of CXCL17 with three other genes involved in angiogenesis (VEGF, IL-8, GRO1). CXCL17 was found to be significantly upregulated in various breast carcinoma and colon tumors.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 232983 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CXCL17 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)