- T2JKM3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TERF2, Telomeric repeat-binding factor 2, TRBF2, TTAGGG repeat-binding factor 2, Telomeric DNA-binding protein,
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Telomeric Repeat-binding Factor 2 (TRF2) is a component of the shelterin complex, which is a six-protein complex bound to chromosome termini. The shelterin complex is essential for protecting the integrity of natural chromosome ends. Within the shelterin complex, POT1 binds single-stranded telomeric overhang, while TRF1 and TRF2 bind duplex telomeric DNA and recruit TIN2, TPP1, POT1 and Rap1 to telomeres. Inhibition of TRF2 activates DNA repair systems specifically at telomeric loci, leading to cell cycle arrest, senescence or cell death. Over-expression of TRF2 was observed in a variety of human cancers, suggesting TRF2’s roles in tumorigenesis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length TRF2 protein produced in baculovirus.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
TRF2 has 6 isoforms. Clone T2JKM3 recognizes multiple isoforms based on the homology of immunogen sequence. Clone T2JKM3 does not cross-react with mouse (in-house tested).
AB_2632764 (BioLegend Cat. No. 692402)
- 542 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 59.6 kD.
- Binds the telomeric double-stranded 5'-TTAGGG-3' repeat and plays a central role in telomere maintenance and protection against end-to-end fusion of chromosomes.
- Homodimer. Component of the shelterin complex (telosome) composed of TERF1, TERF2, TINF2, TERF2IP/RAP1, ACD and POT1. Interacts with TERF2IP, NBN, SLX4/BTBD12, DCLRE1B/Apollo and TERF2IP/RAP1.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication
- Antigen References
1. Griffith JD, et al. 1999. Cell. 97:503.
2. van Steensel B, et al. 1998. Cell. 92:401.
3. Palm W, de Lange T. 2008. Annu. Rev. Genet. 42:301.
4. Bilaud T, et al. 1997. Nat. Genet. 17:236.
5. Sfeir A, de Lange T. 2012. Science 336:593.
6. Bellon M, et al. 2006. Int. J. Cancer 119:2090.
7. Benhamou Y, et al. 2016. Oncotarget. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.10005.
- Gene ID
- 7014 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TRF2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.