- 3F8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Serine/Threonine protein kinase PLK, Polo-like kinase (PLK), Serine-threonine protein kinase 13
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
PLK-1 (polo-like kinase 1) is a member of te serine/threonine protein kinase family, cdc5/polo subfamily. Highly homologous to polo-like kinase (Drosophila), PLK-1 contains two polo box domains with a predicted molecular weight of 68 kD. This nuclear protein is highly expressed in placenta and colon and has been shown to regulate cdc2/cyclin B through phosphorylation and activation of cdc25c phosphatase. PLK-1 may also be required for cell division; depletion of PLK-1 results in apoptosis. PLK-1 is upregulated by growth stimulating agents and is regulated by cell cycle position (highest in G2/M phase, declining to nearly undetectable levels after mitosis and throughout G1). PLK-1 is modified by phosphorylation (Thr210 is the major phosphorylation site in activated PLK-1 from mitotic cells) and has been shown to interact with nuclear distribution gene C. The 3F8 monoclonal antibody recognizes human and mouse PLK-1 and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Amino Acid: 300-603 of human PLK-1
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
KO/KD-WB - Validated
IP, ICC - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 1.0 - 5.0 µg (1:100-1:500) antibody per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_439756 (BioLegend Cat. No. 627701)
AB_439757 (BioLegend Cat. No. 627702)
- Serine/Threonine family of protein kinases, cdc5/polo subfamily. Highly homologous to polo-like kinase (Drosophila). Contains two polo box domains. Predicted molecular weight 68 kD
Nuclear protein, highly expressed in placenta and colon
- Regulates cdc2/cyclin B through phosphorylation and activation of cdc25c phosphatase. May be required for cell division. Depletion of PLK-1 results in apoptosis
- Interacts with nuclear distribution gene C
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Hamanaka R, et al. 1994. Cell Growth Differ. 5:249.
2. Lake RJ, et al. 1993. Mol. Cell. Biol. 13:7793.
3. Holtrich U, et al. 1994. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:1736.
- Upregulated by growth stimulating agents. Regulated by cell cycle position (highest in G2/M phase and declines to nearly undetectable levels after mitosis and throughout G1)
- Gene ID
- 10769 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PLK-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.