- L51/82 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- GELB, MMP9, gelatinase B, 92 kD gelatinase, 92 kD type IV collagenase, 92-kD type IV collagenase, matrix metalloproteinase 9 (gelatinase B 92-kD type IV collagenase), matrix metalloproteinase 9 (gelatinase B, 92-kD type IV collagenase)
Covance Catalog# MMS-5163
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are zinc-dependent endopeptidases that degrade substances within the extracellular matrix. The MMP family includes different groups of enzymes, such as, collagenases, gelatinases, stromelysins, transmembrane MMPs, matrilysins and others. MMPs are secreted as proenzymes that have to be cleaved in order to be activated. Other MMPs, plasmins as well as other factors activate MMPs. MMPs are thought to play an important role in tissue remodeling associated with various physiological and pathological processes. MMP9 degrades proteins in the extracellular matrix and activates growth factors like proTGFb and proTNFa. MMP-9 contributes to the invasion and metastasis of various human malignancies. Clone F11P2C3 has been shown to be useful for western blotting and immunohistochemistry of human MMP9.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a full-length fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 1-708 of rat MMP9 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining (IHC-P).
AB_2564833 (BioLegend Cat. No. 819701)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.