- TRA-2-10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Complement membrane cofactor protein, measles virus receptor, MCP
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD46 is a transmembrane protein that is known as a complement membrane cofactor protein, MCP, and measles virus receptor. It is widely expressed on leukocytes, platelets, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts. Multiple isoforms of CD46 have been reported with molecular weights ranging from 45-75 kD. CD46 binds complement components C3b and C4b and has been reported to play a role in T cell regulation. In addition to the complement components, CD46 has been shown to interact with moesin, c-Src, tetraspanin 4, c-Yes, and integrin β1. CD46 is also known to be a cellular receptor for human measles virus and human herpes virus-6 as well as other human pathogens, such as Streptococcus pyogenes. Defects in CD46 have been associated with hemolytic-uremic syndrome.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 2102Ep human embryonal carcinoma cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
Block, IF, IP - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence staining1, immunoprecipitation1, and blocking of measles virus infection2. The epitope of TRA-2-10 is in the SCR-1 domain of CD46.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Cardone J, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:862. (IF, IP)
- Blau DM, Compans RW. 1995. Virology. 210:91. (Block)
AB_10897448 (BioLegend Cat. No. 352403)
AB_10900243 (BioLegend Cat. No. 352404)
- Transmembrane receptor, contains 4 SUSHI domains, multiple isoforms exist ranging in molecular weight from 45-75 kD. Larger isoforms from 65-75 kD are not expressed on peripheral blood cells.
Widely expressed on leukocytes, platelets, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts.
- Binds complement components C3B and C4B with cofactor activity for the I-dependent cleavage of these proteins. May also play a role in T cell regulation.
- Human 55-73 kD polypeptide encoded by human chromosome 1.
- Cell Targets
- Moesin, c-Src, complement component 3, complement component 4B, tetraspanin 4, c-Yes, Integrin β1
- C3B, C4B, Measles virus, Human herpes virus-6
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Complement, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Cardone J, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:862.
2. Dorig RE, et al. 1993. Cell 75:295.
3. Kemper C, et al. 2003. Nature 421:388.
4. Frecha C, et al. 2011. J. Virol. 85:5975.
5. Adams EM, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 147:3005.
- Gene ID
- 4179 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD46 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.