- G8 1-2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Fibrinogen Alpha Chain
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Fibrinogen is a glycoprotein that is synthesized by hepatocytes in the liver. Fibrinogen alpha chain (FGA) is the alpha component of the fibrinogen, which is released to plasma after fibrinogen is cleaved by thrombin. Upon vascular injury, FGA forms the fibrin complex with fibrinogen beta (FGB) and fibrinogen gamma (FGG). The complex is one of the primary components of blood clots.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 μg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is specific for fibrinogen alpha chain.
AB_2888778 (BioLegend Cat. No. 871801)
AB_2888778 (BioLegend Cat. No. 871802)
- FGA is a 866 amino acid protein with predicted molecular mass of ~84 kD and observed molecular mass of ~62 kD.
Tissue distribution: Liver, plasma
Cellular distribution: Extracellular, plasma membrane, endoplasmic reticulum
- FGA form fibrin complex with fibrinogen beta (FGB) and fibrinogen gamma (FGG). This complex is the primary components for blood clots.
- Forms homohexamer with 2-3 non-identical chains. Interacts with PLAT
- Cell Type
- Plasma cells, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Yazaki M, et al. 2018. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 19(1)2. Lebrton A, et al. 2016. Ann. Biol. Clin., Paris. 74(4):4053. Fish RJ, et al. 2012. Thromb. Haemost. 108(3):419
- Gene ID
- 2243 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Fibrinogen on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-Fibrinogen||G8 1-2||WB,ICC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.