- 5B5 (See other available formats)
- VI CD77.5
- Other Names
- globotriaosylcermamide (Gb3), Burkitt's lymphoma associated antigen (BLA), cermadie trihexoside (CTH), and Pk blood group antigen
- Mouse IgM, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD77, also known as Gb3, is a type II membrane protein. It was found specifically expressed on Burkitt's lymphoma cells and on a subset of germinal center B lymphocytes. CD77 has been described as a receptor for Shiga Toxin and Verotoxin 1 (VT1), which is produced by Shigella dysenteriae and some strains of E. coli. It is used as a marker for germinal center stage B-cells. CD19 has been reported as a ligand for D77 and their interaction functions in adhesion and signal transduction at a specific stage of B cell development. Studies have shown that cross-linking CD77 induces apoptosis in some B cell lines.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human peripheral blood mononuclear cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated FITC and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: Western blotting1 and immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue sections1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fyfe G, et al. 1987. J. Immunol. 139:2187. (WB, IHC)
AB_2562160 (BioLegend Cat. No. 357103)
AB_2562161 (BioLegend Cat. No. 357104)
- Type II membrane protein
Burkitt's lymphoma cells, a subset of germinal center B lymphocytes
- Involved in cell adhesion and signaling transduction by binding CD19
- Ligand Receptor
- Receptor of Shiga Toxin and Verotoxin 1 (VT1) and CD19
- Cell Type
- B cells, Lymphocytes
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Tétaud C, 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:45200.
2. Maloney MD, 1994. J. Exp. Med. 1994 180:191.
3. Mangeney M, et al. 1991. Eur. J. Immunol. 21:1131.
4. Mangeney M, et al. 1993. Cancer Res. 53:5314.
- Gene ID
- 53947 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD77 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.