- C068C2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MMR (macrophage mannose receptor), MR (mannose receptor), MRC1
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD206, also known as mannose receptor (MR), is a 175 kD type I membrane protein. It is a pattern recognition receptor (PRR) belonging to the C-type lectin superfamily. MR is expressed on macrophages, dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, and hepatic or lymphatic endothelial cells. MR recognizes a range of microbial carbohydrates bearing mannose, fucose, or N-acetyl glucosamine through its C-type lectin-like carbohydrate recognition domains, sulfated carbohydrate antigens through its cysteine-rich domain, and collagens through its fibronectin type II domain. MR mediates endocytosis and phagocytosis as well as activation of macrophages and antigen presentation. It plays an important role in host defense and provides a link between innate and adaptive immunity. Recently, MR on lymphatic endothelial cells was found to be involved in leukocyte trafficking and a contributor to the metastatic behavior of cancer cells. It suggests that MR may be a potential target in controlling inflammation and cancer metastasis by targeting the lymphatic vasculature.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse CD206 (MMR)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 605™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
FC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 605™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 603 nm. The bandpass filter 610/20 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 605™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone C068C2 recognizes a region similar to clone MR5D3, based on the ability of the clones to block each other. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: spatial biology (IBEX)4,5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Keller J, et al. 2012. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 417:217. PubMed
- Ito H, et al. 2012. J Am Soc Nephrol. 23:1797. PubMed
- Yang X, et al. 2015. PNAS. 112:2900. PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 117:33455-65. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562340 (BioLegend Cat. No. 141721)
- Type I transmembrane protein, 175 kD, C-type lectin superfamily
Macrophages, dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, liver endothelial cells
- Pathogen recognition, endocytosis and phagocytosis, antigen presentation
- Antigen containing mannose, fucose, or an N-acetyl glucosamine
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Langerhans cells, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Wileman TE, et al. 1986. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 83:2501.
2. Apostolopoulos V, et al. 2001. Curr. Mol. Med. 1:469.
3. Burgdorf S, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:6770.
4. McKenzie EJ, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4975.
- Gene ID
- 17533 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD206 on UniProt.org
- Why is mouse CD206 stained intracellularly and not via surface staining?
Typically, mouse CD206 surface level is relatively low under normal conditions and so intracellular staining protocol is required to get better signal.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
Purified anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
FITC anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
PE anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
APC anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
Spark YG™ 570 anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)
PE/Fire™ 700 anti-mouse CD206 (MMR)