- 6E10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- AAA, ABETA, ABPP, AD1, APPI, CTFgamma, CVAP, PN-II, PN2, Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
Signet Catalog# 9300-02
Signet Catalog# 9300-05
Signet Catalog# 9300-10
Covance Catalog# SIG-39300
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Alzheimer's disease is characterized by the accumulation of aggregated Aβ peptides in senile plaques and vascular deposits. Aβ peptides are derived from amyloid precursor proteins (APP) through sequential proteolytic cleavage of APP by β-secretases and γ-secretases generating diverse Aβ species. Aβ can aggregate to form soluble oligomeric species and insoluble fibrillar or amorphous assemblies. Some forms of the aggregated peptides are toxic to neurons.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- The concentration is not quantified as this product is sold as undiluted crude mouse ascites fluid. The concentration might vary from lot-to-lot and an estimated concentration would be 1-3 mg/ml.
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C or below. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C or below. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. Do not store in frost-free freezers.
WB - Quality tested
Direct ELISA, IHC-P - Verified
IHC-F, EM - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution of this reagent is 1:1,000 to 1:20,000. For Direct ELISA, the suggested dilution of this reagent is 1:10,000 to 1:100,000. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, the suggested dilution of this reagent is 1:1,000 to 1:20,000. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is reactive to amino acid residue 1-16 of beta amyloid. The epitope lies within amino acids 3-8 of beta amyloid (EFRHDS).
This antibody clone has been reported for use in immunohistochemistry of free-floating sections2,13.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Thakker DR, et al. 2009. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 106(11):4501-6. (IHC) PubMed
- Oddo S, et al. 2005. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 102(8):3046-51. (IHC-other) PubMed
- Herzig M, et al. 2004. Nat. Neuro. 7(9):954-959. (WB) PubMed
- Zheng Y, et al. 2012. PLoS One 6:39035. (IHC-F) PubMed
- Abramowksi D, et al. J Neurosci. 32:1273. (WB) PubMed
- Forny-Germano L, et al. 2014. J. Neurosci. 34:13629. (WB, IHC) PubMed
- Gowert NS, et al. 2014. PLoS One 2:e90523. (ICC, EM) PubMed
- Sandoval-Hernández A, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10: 0145467. (IHC-F)
- Kumar R, et al. 2016. Brain. 139:174-92 (WB)
- Miyamoto T, et al. 2016. J. Biol. Chem. 291:1719-34. (WB)
- Saito S, et al. 2017. Acta Neuropathol. Commun. 5:26-9. (IHC-P) PubMed
- Omata Y, et al. 2016. Aging (Albany NY) 8(3):427. (IHC-P) PubMed
- Peng W, et al. 2016. Neurobiol. Dis. 93:215. (IHC-other) PubMed
- Mandler M, et al. 2015. PLoS One. e0115237. (WB, IHC, ELISA) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2728527 (BioLegend Cat. No. 803014)
AB_2565328 (BioLegend Cat. No. 803015)
AB_2565329 (BioLegend Cat. No. 803016)
AB_2565327 (BioLegend Cat. No. 803017)
- Amyloid precursor protein is a 770 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~100 kD. According to the UniProtKB database, APP (ID# P05067) has 11 isoforms (34 to ~90 kD) and the 770 form has been designated as the canonical form. Isoform APP695 is the predominant form expressed in neuronal tissue. Isoforms APP751 and APP770 are widely expressed in non-neuronal cells. Isoform APP751 is the most abundant form in T-lymphocytes. Aβ denotes peptides of 36-43 amino acids generated from cleavage of APP by secretases. Aβ has an apparent molecular mass of about 4 kD.
Tissue distribution: Primarily nervous system, but also adipose tissue, intestine, muscle.
Cellular distribution: Cytosol, endosomes, nucleus, plasma membrane, extracellular, and golgi apparatus.
- The normal function of Aβ is not well understood. Several potential physiological roles have been proposed, including: activation of kinase enzymes; protection against oxidative stress; regulation of cholesterol transport; transcription factor, and as an anti-microbial agent.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Kumar A, et al. 2015. Pharmacol. Rep. 67(2):195.
- Sadigh-Eteghad S, et al. 2015. Med. Princ. Pract. 24(1):1
- Hampel H, et al. 2015. Expert Rev. Neurother. 15(1):83.
- Puig KL, et al. 2012. Exp. Gerontol. 48(7): 608.
- Selkoe DJ, et al. 2016. EMBO Mol. Med. 8(6):595.
- Walsh DM, et al. 2007. J. Neurochem. 101(5):1172.
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid, 1-16 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.