- UCHL1 (See other available formats)
- IV N31
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD45RO is a 180 kD single chain membrane glycoprotein. It is a splice variant of tyrosine phosphatase CD45, lacking the A, B, and C determinants. The CD45RO isoform is expressed on activated and memory T cells, some B cell subsets, activated monocytes/macrophages, and granulocytes. CD45RO enhances both T cell receptor and B cell receptor signaling mediated activation. CD45 and its isoforms non-covalently associate with lymphocyte phosphatase-associated phosphoprotein (LPAP) on T and B lymphocytes. CD45 has been reported to be associated with several other cell surface antigens including CD1, CD2, CD3, and CD4. CD45 has also been reported to bind galectin-1 and CD22. CD45 isoform expression can change in response to cytokines.Product Details
- Human, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Common Marmoset
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- IL-2 dependent T cell line, CA1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 488.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg per ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
The UCHL1 antibody is commonly used in combination with antibodies against CD45RA to discern memory and naïve T cells. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections5 and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections4, Western blotting2, and immunoprecipitation3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. Eds. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York. (FC)
- Ishii T, et al. 2001. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98:12138. (WB)
- Ponsford M, et al. 2001. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 124:315. (IP)
- Yamada M, et al. 1996. Stroke 27:1155. (IHC)
- Sakkas LI, et al. 1998. Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immunol. 5:430. (IHC)
- Baba N, et al. 2010. Int. Immunol. 22:237. PubMed
- Thakral D, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7431. (FC) PubMed
- Weiss L, et al. 2010. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:10632. PubMed
- Wu YY, et al. 2007. Infect. Immun. 75:4357. PubMed
- Mozaffarian N, et al. 2008. Rheumatology 47:1335. PubMed
- Roque S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:8028. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Smith SH, et al. 1986. Immunology 58:63. (Immunogen)
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_528823 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304212)
- Tyrosine phosphatases, type I transmembrane, 180 kD (isoform of CD45 containing none of the A, B, or C determinants)
Activated and memory T cells, B cell subsets, monocytes, macrophages, granulocytes
- Enhances TCR and BCR signaling
- Ligand Receptor
- Cell Type
- B cells, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Monocytes, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Thomas M. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:339.
2. Trowbridge I, et al. 1994. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 12:85.
- Gene ID
- 5788 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD45RO on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.