- 17B5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- 4-1BB, TNFRSF9, Ly-63, ILA (Induced by Lymphocyte Activation), CD137
- Syrian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
This product is eligible for a 40% discount! Promotion valid until December 31st, 2022. Exclusions apply. To view full promotion terms and conditions or to contact your local BioLegend representative to receive a quote, visit our webpage.
CD137 is a 39 kD TNF-receptor superfamily member also known as 4-1BB, TNFRSF9, Ly-63, and ILA (Induced by Lymphocyte Activation). CD137 is expressed as monomers, dimers, and tetramers on activated T and B cells. Interaction of CD137 with its ligand, 4-1BBL (CD137L), is important in T-B cell costimulation. The 17B5 antibody has been reported to block 4-1BBL costimulated T cell proliferation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Syrian Hamster
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro blocking of 4-1BB-mediated T cell proliferation2. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 106108).
- Application References
AB_2832348 (BioLegend Cat. No. 106113)
AB_2832349 (BioLegend Cat. No. 106114)
AB_2832350 (BioLegend Cat. No. 106115)
AB_2832351 (BioLegend Cat. No. 106116)
AB_2832352 (BioLegend Cat. No. 106117)
AB_2876416 (BioLegend Cat. No. 106118)
- TNF-R superfamily, 39 kD
Activated T cells and B cells
- T-B cell costimulation
- 4-1BB ligand (CDw137L)
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Alderson MR, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:2219.
3. Schwarz H, et al. 1996. Blood 87:2839.
- Gene ID
- 21942 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD137 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Biotin anti-mouse CD137||17B5||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD137||17B5||FC|
|APC anti-mouse CD137||17B5||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0194 anti-mouse CD137||17B5||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD137||17B5||FC, Block|
|TotalSeq™-C0194 anti-mouse CD137||17B5||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.