- 11B11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-4, Ia inducing factor (IaIF), B cell stimulating factor-1 (BSF-1), Hodgkin's cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast cell growth factor-2 (MCGF-2), Macrophage fusion factor (MFF), T cell growth factor-2 (TCGF-2)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by activated T cells, mast cells, and basophils. IL-4 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which stimulates the growth and activation of certain B cells and T cells. IL-4 is important for regulation of T helper subset development.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partially purified native mouse IL-4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
ELISA1,2,10,13 or ELISPOT5 Capture: The purified 11B11 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated BVD6-24G2 antibody (Cat. No. 504202) as the detecting antibody and recombinant mouse IL-4 (Cat. No. 575609) as the standard. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Neutralization1-2,9,12: The 11B11 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-4. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-4 bioactivity in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 504108).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation16, immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections8 and paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections6,7, and immunocytochemistry4.
Note: For testing mouse IL-4 in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431101 to 431106) are specially developed and recommended.
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
- Application References
- Shirai A, et al. 1994. Cytokine 6:329. (ELISA, Neut)
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.20. (ELISA, Neut)
- Assenmacher M, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:1097.
- Openshaw P, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 182:1357. (ICC)
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.19. (ELISA Capture)
- Litton M, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. Methods 175:47. (IHC)
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag. (IHC)
- Fan WY, et al. 2001. Exp. Biol. Med. 226:1045. (IHC)
- Hara M, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:3789. (Neut)
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113. (ELISA)
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366.
- Wang W, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4885. (Neut)
- Xu G, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5358. (ELISA) PubMed
- Ohnmacht C, et al. 2008. Blood 113:2816. PubMed
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. (FC) PubMed
- Zavorotinskaya T, et al. 2003. Mol. Ther. 7:155. (IP)
- Product Citations
AB_2562843 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504129)
- Cytokine; 15-19 kD (Mammalian)
- Differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cells to the TH2 type, proliferation/differentiation of activated B cells, expression of class II MHC antigens, and of low affinity IgE receptors in resting B cells
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- Heterodimer IL-4Rα (CD124); γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-2R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Boulay J, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:294.
3. Dullens H, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:567.
4. Paul W. 1991. Blood 77:1859.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 16189 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-4 on UniProt.org
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICC, IP, IHC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|APC anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|PE anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, IP, IHC, ICC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-4 (Maxpar® Ready)||11B11||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse IL-4
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse IL-4
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse IL-4
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse IL-4
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse IL-4
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-4
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse IL-4
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-4
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse IL-4
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse IL-4
APC anti-mouse IL-4
PE anti-mouse IL-4
Purified anti-mouse IL-4
Purified anti-mouse IL-4 (Maxpar® Ready)