- Poly9060 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Keratin, type I cytoskeletal 14, CK-14, cytokeratin 14, keratin 14 (epidermolysis bullosa simplex, Dowling-Meara, Koebner), K14, CK14
- Chicken IgY
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Keratin 14 is a member of the keratin family, which is the most diverse group of intermediate filaments. Keratin 14 is a type I keratin, and is usually found as a heterotetramer with two keratin 5 molecules, a type II keratin. Together they form the cytoskeleton of epithelial cells. Mutations in the genes for these keratins are associated with epidermolysis bullosa simplex.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Canine, Primate
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monospecific polyclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence derived from the C-terminus of the mouse keratin 14 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
ICC, WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemisty, a concentration of 1.0 μg/mL is suggested. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 2.0 μg/mL is recommended. For western blotting, the suggested usage is 1.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2616962 (BioLegend Cat. No. 906004)
- Keratin 14 is a 52 kD protein.
Cytoplasm, extracellular, and nucleus.
- Nonhelical tail domain is involved in promoting KRT5-KRT14 filaments to self-organize into large bundles, enhances the mechanical properties involved in resilience of keratin intermediate filaments in vitro.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
- Yuspa SH, et al. 1989. J. Cell Biol. 109:1207.
- Roop RD, et al. 1984. J. Biol. Chem. 259:8037.
- Gene ID
- 3861 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Keratin 14 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.