- JES10-5A2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-13, NC30
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-13 is an immunoregulatory cytokine produced primarily by activated Th2 lymphocytes. IL-13 shares 30% amino acid sequence homology with IL-4 and demonstrates similar biological activities. The biological activities of IL-13 include: suppression of macrophage cytotoxic activity, upregulation of IL-1RA expression, and suppression of proinflammatory cytokine secretion. The JES10-5A2 antibody reacts with human interleukin-13 (IL-13). The JES10-5A2 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-13.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-expressed, recombinant human IL-13
test size: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
µg size: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- µg sizes: 0.2 mg/mLtest sizes: lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis.
For test sizes, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
For µg sizes, the suggested use of this reagent for immunofluorescent staining is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume.
It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1,2: The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified JES10-5A2 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5020 antibody (Cat. No. 502001) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Application References
- McKenzie, A., et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol.. John Wiley & Sons. New York. Section 6.18.
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol.. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Schaerli, P., et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 192:1553.
- Andersson, J., et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16.
- Skansen-Saphir, U., et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:916.
- Andersson, U., et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Gelfand, E. W., et al. 2006. J. Aller. and Clinic. Immunol. 117:577.
- Knorr, C., et al. 1999. Am. J. Pathol. 155:2019.
- Product Citations
AB_2124283 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501912)
AB_2124284 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501911)
- Cytokine; 17 kD (Mammalian)
- Suppression of macrophage cytotoxic activity; upregulation of IL-1RA expression; suppression of IL-1, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, IL-12, chemokines MCP, MIP-1; differentiation of B cells, monocytes
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, mast cells, NK cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, monocytes, macrophages, basophils
- Moderate affinity IL-13Rα1; high affinity heterodimer IL-13Rα1/IL-4Rα also binds IL-4; both receptor complexes have γ-subunit in common with IL-2R, IL-4R, IL-7R, IL-15R ; high affinity IL-13Rα2 incapable of signaling
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Hilton, D., et al. 1996. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93:497.
3. Obiri, N., et al. 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270:8797.
4. Ochensberger, B., et al. 1996. Blood 88:3028.
- IL-13Rα2 possible antagonist
- Gene ID
- 3596 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-13 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Other FormatsView All IL-13 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|APC anti-human IL-13||JES10-5A2||ICFC|
|LEAF™ <!Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free>Purified anti-human IL-13||JES10-5A2||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture, ICFC, IHC, Neut, WB|
|PE anti-human IL-13||JES10-5A2||ICFC|
|Purified anti-human IL-13||JES10-5A2||ELISA Capture,IHC,WB|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-13||JES10-5A2||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-13||JES10-5A2||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human IL-13||JES10-5A2||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-13||JES10-5A2||ELISA Capture,ELISPOT Capture,ICFC,IHC,Neut,WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.