- P1E6-C5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- α2 integrin, VLA-2 α chain, Integrin α2 chain
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD49b is a 170 kD transmembrane protein, also known as α2 integrin, VLA-2 α chain, Integrin α2 and GPIa. It associates with CD29 (β1 integrin) to form VLA-2, a collagen and laminin receptor on many cell types including monocytes, platelets, activated T cells, megakaryocytes, neuronal cells, epithelial cells, and osteoclasts. CD49b has been reported to interact with F-actin and matrix metalloproteinase 1. CD49b is a platelet alloantigen and has been associated with neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia. Deficiencies in this protein have been associated with hemorrhagic disorders.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- HT1080 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: in vitro blocking activity1,2, immunoprecipitation3, and ELISA4.
- Application References
- Hirsch MS, et al. 1997. Dev. Dyn. 210:249. (Block)
- Sawhney RS, et al. 2006. J. Biol. Chem. 281:8497. (Block)
- Lee SA, et al. 2009. Carcinogensis. 30:1872. (IP)
- Zßrate S, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:10839. (ELISA)
AB_2820014 (BioLegend Cat. No. 359315)
AB_2820015 (BioLegend Cat. No. 359316)
- Integrin alpha chain family, type I membrane protein, alpha chain of heterodimeric integrin receptor, 170 kD; associates with CD29 to form collagen, laminin receptor
Broadly expressed on many cell types including B cells, monocytes, platelets, megakaryocytes, neuronal cells, epithelial cells, and osteoclasts
- With CD29; binds collagen and laminin
- Forms heterodimer with integrin β1 (CD29) which is a receptor for laminin and collagen
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kaplan C, et al. 1991. Br. J. Haematol. 78:425.
2. Kiefel V, et al. 1991. Vox Sang. 60:244.
3. Nieuwenhuis HK, et al. 1985. Nature 318:470.
4. Takada Y and Helmer ME. 1989. J. Cell Biol. 109:397.
- Gene ID
- 3673 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49b on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
|Purified anti-human CD49b||P1E6-C5||FC, IP, ELISA|
|FITC anti-human CD49b||P1E6-C5||FC|
|PE anti-human CD49b||P1E6-C5||FC|
|APC anti-human CD49b||P1E6-C5||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0371 anti-human CD49b||P1E6-C5||PG|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD49b||P1E6-C5||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD49b||P1E6-C5||FC|
|TotalSeq™-C0371 anti-human CD49b||P1E6-C5||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0371 anti-human CD49b||P1E6-C5||PG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.