- O91D3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CTRCT30, HEL 113, Epididymis Luminal Protein 113
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Vimentin are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is a widely expressed and highly conserved 54 kD protein that is constitutively expressed in mesenchymal cells, endothelial cells lining blood vessels, renal tubular cells, macrophages, neutrophils, fibroblasts, and leukocytes1,2. Vimentin is used as a marker of mesenchymal cells to distinguish them from epithelial cells3. Increased vimentin expression is frequently used as an EMT marker in cancer4. Autoantibodies to vimentin are commonly found in patients with autoimmune diseases such as Lupus5 and rheumatoid arthritis6, and also found after transplantation7.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length human vimentin produced in E. coli.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1000-1:2000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
While this clone recognizes mouse Vimentin, we do not recommend its usage for western blot due to poor affinity of the antibody for the protein.
- Product Citations
AB_2566699 (BioLegend Cat. No. 677805)
- 466 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 54 kD.
- Vimentins are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is attached to the nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, and mitochondria, either laterally or terminally.
- HCV core protein, LGSN, SYNM, PLEC, SLC6A4, STK33, LARP6, RAB8B, TOR1A, TOR1AIP1, and BCAS3.
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells, B cells, Neutrophils, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
1. Kidd ME, et al. 2014. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 50:1.
2. Fuchs E, et al. 1994. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 63:345.
3. Zeisberg M, et al. 2009. J. Clin. Invest. 119:1429.
4. Scanlon CS, et al. 2013. J. Dent. Res. 92:114.
5. Thebault S, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:4046.
6. Vossenaar ER, et al. 2004. Arthritis Res. Ther. 6:R142.
7. Rose ML. 2013. Hum. Immunol. 74:1459.
- Gene ID
- 7431 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Vimentin on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Vimentin||O91D3||WB, ICC, ICFC, IHC-P, IHC-F|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Vimentin||O91D3||ICC, IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Vimentin||O91D3||ICC, IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Vimentin||O91D3||ICC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.